Bypassing the key/ignition to start the car?

dylann

The ignition barrel or something in my skid car has been self destructed for a while now, and I was wondering if I could set up a couple of switches so I don't have to use the key anymore?

Like one for the ignition (lights power etc) and one to engage the starter motor? then I could remove the dash and get all hektik with it.

Car is a 1JZGE JZX90, if anyone has the wiring diagram handy.

Thanks in advance.

Take the steering column plastic shroud off and look on the back of the ignition barrel. You will see the ignition switch. Should be held on with one screw.

Then you can turn it without using the key. You will still need to remove the ignition barrel to eliminate the steering lock.

in more detail, run a wire from a constant 12v power source through a switch to the "on" of the ignition, then another wire from a 12v power source to the push button and then into the "start" wire of ignition.... flick the switch, push the button and your off, I think that's how I did it from memory (was a while ago) anyone please correct me if im wrong. hope this helps

• Like 1