Guppy's Old School Radio Projects

Guppy

Thanks! I have thought about it, and it is certainly worth looking into. To make anything worthwhile it would need to be something that's in pretty good shape in the first place - this one had quite a bit of rot and needed heaps of work done to it, so if I was to sell it, it would probably only work out to a matter of cents per hour. I'll keep an eye out for something that perhaps just needs sanding/oiling and some speakers put into it and see how things go from there.

Personally I love the idea of taking something that's a bit past its use by date and turning it into something a bit more modern...plus the styling of this old time stuff can be way cooler than all the plastic stuff you see in shops now

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Wow, that's pretty good timing! I threw out the crusty old radio electronics this weekend just gone, but I pulled the valves out and have put them to one side with the intention of putting them on trademe. I'm happy for you to have them, but I can't guarantee if they work or not...one or two are a bit brown, but I'm guessing that's just because of the heat they produce. Flick me a PM and we can arrange to get them to you. Do you have any particular plans for them?