1gge vs 1ggte head question.

ANT

Searched and found no conclusive answer.
I have found someone that has made a full 1g turbo manifold for cheap and is willing to do another for me.
But the one he made was for a 1gge head. And mine is a 1ggte head.

So my question is can he use a exhaust flange made for a 1gge on a 1ggte or are the heads different on 1gge and 1ggte's?

I know the best person to ask would be nigel(lofreq) but he hasnt been active for a month. someone want to txt him for me?

Isn't Chuffanelious using a GE head on a turbo block? As far as im aware GTE runs Siamese ports (3 groups of 2) and so does the GE. Seriously doubt Toyota would have the cheek to make them different. 

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1985_TOYOTA_MARK+2_GX71-XTMZZ_1104.html

GTEU

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_198810_TOYOTA_MARK+2_GX81-AEPQF_1104.html

GE

Different part numbers broseph, I think the turbo has smaller ports, but I'm 90% sure the bolt spacing is the same so they may still work. GZE also has different part numbers but I'm sure they can use GE gaskets. My memory is bad haha.

Good luck with your trip to Toyota, I hope your local branch has some clue, my local is useless for this shit. Take a chassis code with you :P

They couldn't even find GZE/or the correct Crown on their system lols, so I told them to look for "turbo Supra xxxx year" but didn't bother getting gaskets through them cause they wanted 160 bucks from Japan. Made my own with proper ex gasket material and hole punches, hah.

mjrstar has the skinny on this.

I have stuffed around with them in the past and can say for sure the castings so ports etc are the same.

What changes is the what happens after that.

Holes/threads are machined to diferent sizes and positions depending on exact model it comes from.

If you are willing to get the odd hole machined, taped, helicoiled, sleeved etc they will all work on each other.

The valves, springs, col-lets and retainers could be quite different as well especially between the NA and forced versions and generations as well.