tein strut question

Mitch.W

so i got some struts off a evo 4 and the struts are fucked but all i want is the threaded tube on them and scrap the rest. my question is will they still have any gas in them at all? they dont try move anywhere when you push them down and they are no inserts so i cant just take them out. i want to cut/machine them off but dont want to be blown to bits by them haha.

pretty safe (ish)  if you do cut a hole in them, as in you aren't gonna go boom.  they will likely have around 150-200psi of nitrogen in them.  so isn't much difference to using an air gun  if you drilled a hole in them.  but if you drill/cut into the oil part before gas is released, be prepared to have oil going everywhere.  (dont do it in your lounge)

i did exactly this to get my coilover hardware. just undid the nut, and it vented what was left ok.

one thing though the threaded tubes dont slide off, we had to press them off. they surface rust in behind and get stuck tight.

the cleaned up all good though...

haha sweet. yeah its not happening in my shed or lounge  he knows what hes doing so should be sweet as. 

oh sweet thought that mght be the problem. shouldn't be to hard to press them off.

cheers for all the help guys, learn something new every day.