Blocked carb?

coldturkey

So after harping on about how well it starts on the single carb, the L26 wont start.

• Fuel is being pumped to the carb
  • I can see the right amount fuel in the window
  • There is spark
  • It fires when I spray ether in the carb

It seems the carb is just not delivering the fuel?

Anything easy I can do like try blow down the fuel line with compressed air? Cant be fucked pulling down the carb.

The last time I had it running was saturday last week (just over a week ago)

Cheers

Nope it doesnt, well I cant try it while the car is cranking cause im the only one home, but it should still squirt some gas if its there even when not cranking right?

Edit, so what can I do to check if theres shit under there? Sorry if it sounds like a newb question, i've rebuilt carbs before but all I care about is that it goes back in the same order, not what each part does :P

I pulled it off and managed to get carb cleaner squirting through where I think it should.

But put it back on and no luck.

If I unscrew the main jet and fill it with crc, it ends up squirting into the barrel. Then it starts briefly but then dies (probably just burning off what was in the main jet chamber).

So the fuel isnt getting to the main jet?

Also, if I pump the accelerattor pump up and down, should it be squirting fuel into the barrel? cause its not

Agree with cleaning jets, also check the floats and finally (just because this is from personal experience) make sure a nut/bolt/whatever hasn't just fallen off somewhere. Trust me, it can be something that simple that messes the whole system up.

lol....

Fortunately there is now one less carb newb in the world.

What I was cleaning out were infact the "slow" jets.

Once I had a look at my rebuild diagram I found the main jets, and one of them had a tiny bit of white crap blocking the hole..... doh..

First post pretty much solved it.

I will now surrender myself to the block for a well deserved ass reaming from everyone.

Cheers folks.