Chroming..

yetchh

just out of curiosity do you guys charge heaps to anodize small one off stuff as ive got a few things for my bike i wouldn't mind getting done

We have a minimum charge of $25 but if you want to give it to me I'll get it done a bit cheaper for you.

Ok bro, I'll pop in and see you some time in the next couple of weeks.. what are your hours?

Mon-Thurs 7:30 - 4:15

Fri 7:30 - 1:30

Anodising of bicycle parts(cranks, brake levers, etc):

What do I need to do for prep? can I just send you some fucked as shit and it will come back like new, or do I need to file/sand/polish everything first? 

what colours can you do? 

cheers

When you say remove the paint, is that completely? every single spec?

Pretty much, I can go over it with a wire wheel but can be a pain when we are really busy as I have to stop what I'm doing and give it a quick buff. Otherwise the paint will stay on there and you'll have bits of paint on your nice and shiny parts.

Anodising of bicycle parts(cranks, brake levers, etc):

What do I need to do for prep? can I just send you some fucked as shit and it will come back like new, or do I need to file/sand/polish everything first? 

what colours can you do? 

cheers

Really depends on you how good you want it! If it's scratched up to fuck then they will still be visible unless you polish it up etc. Obviously the better the prep the better the end result. But if it already has anodising on it then no point polishing it as it will need to be stripped off first. We can do satin and bright finishes and our colours consist of Silver, Black(which are our most common ones) and Gold, Red and Blue. The red and blue are not cheap  though, as it's something we don't do a lot of. Hope that helps.

yeah just thought a small amount of paint would come off in the hot dip acid.. I've been using some good stuff but have been using a shit brush to apply it, to lazy to go to M10 and buy some cheapies haha.. a bit of stubborn powder coating also.

I recommended getting a strip disk(like the 3m ones) for your angle grinder/drill. is sooooooo much faster than paint stripper and doesn't take any metal off, well not steel anyway even if you push real hard. Cleans up rust good too like a wire wheel. After spending like 13 million hours trying to strip a bike frame with paint stripper I bought some of those. Can do a bike frame in a fraction of the time of paint stripper. I hate paint stripper. It's yucky, messy, smelly, stingy,  shit. I'm never using it again lol. I hate it.

Is pole electroplating and paintstripping in chch still in business, I used to get hydraulic ram shafts plated there and he did some parts for one of my cars and they came up pretty good. But I know at that stage he did not have a bath long enough to get bumpers in.

Think they are still around, haven't heard otherwise. And no paint does not come off in our acid bath I have no idea why people think that. Ours is sulphuric based which we use to clean rust, and scale off steel, I can loosen paint in one of our caustic baths but depending on the type of paint it's usually just easier to use paint stripper.