Hmmmmmmz's Camper Refurb

Guest hmmmnz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we've made 4 days with out rain, although it did spit for a little while yesterday,  and its overcaste today, better than it has been, but compared to nz its always going to be shit, 

im not sure what roseal had written on the tin,  but as far as varnishes go, its resonable, it seems to have quite a high oil content rather than a high solvent content, 

good for waterproofing but not really a super glossy finish that you'd usually get from a varnish,

• 2 weeks later...

I am suitably impressed with the proximity of your refrigeration unit to the back door.  you shall be able to reach in from the outside during those long european summer evenings spent on camping chairs outside your vehicle, in order to obtain a chilled and refreshing beverage, without the need to enter your villa on wheels.  great planning.

• Like 3

well i try :)  wasn't really a plan as such, didnt want the cooker at the back, so that went on the side, and didnt want the fridge next to the cooker, 

so on the back was left, and due to the depth of the fridge it was the only place at the back that wouldnt get in the way of other doors, or being able to freely move about, so that was the only place left,  and worked perfectly :D   i love when a non existing plan falls into place :D

Is that more rot? Bummer!

Weather getting better there now?

NZ is getting hit by a massive snow storm and everyone has stocked up with civil defence on hold. This means we can expect at least 2" of snow.....

it's getting as bad as England where it grinds to a halt with a sprinkle of the stuff.

• Like 1

yep more rot, i was hoping it was just from the window, but it appears its come from the top as well as below, 

whats a little bit more rot, give me a chance to do it properly i suppose :D

hopefully ill have all the bed area sorted by tomorrow night,  lay carpet tomorrow,  then its just a matter of fitting a couple of windows, lining the back cupboards, and hooking up the gas and pumbing,