ke70_wagons little yamaha thing!

Mitch.W

its supposed to be 0.3mm to 0.4mm when the points are fully open. You can use a feeler gauge but its hard with the magnets in the flywheel. Get a timing light, hook it up to a 12v battery to power the light and then put it on the spark plug lead. There should be a mark on the flywheel and another on the casing somewhere (probably the top). See where it is reading and then adjust the point gap until the two marks line up perfectly. It only needs to be adjusted the tiniest amount when trying to line the timing marks up.

what we did on the tohastu was get it running until the condenser fell off inside the points/flywheel and mashed everything, then straighted the points arm and put a new condenser on with external wiring so it can be easily changed because they die all time. works mint now.

• 4 months later...

so finally done work on this, pulled it to pieces to get sandblasted and painted up.

f1wl.jpgv7uq.jpg

pulled the barrel and head off the motor, bottom end feels good still piston has some scratches on it but only on the surface should still be good? unless anyone has a new v50 piston laying round they want to sell. the barrel looks to be good as well as the head.

x8qm.jpg

jm6l.jpg

going with gloss black everything and a cream tank and whatnot. might get an old skateboard for a seat will see how that looks.

thats about it for now cheers. 

oh shit yeah they are, are the different sizes throughout the diffrent years? or will any v50 piston fit? 

/i never got it running good before i pulled it apart might need mew points and consender? 

i think itl be plenty fast on a little bike...for now.

My 2 stroke tuning book says to file the surface smooth on pistons when they go like that. Its because the piston gets too hot and expands and scrapes against the bore. Smooth it off and chuck it back in, and you may just have removed enough material to prevent it from touching next time.

oh sweet awesome/ to late brought a oversized piston haha. i ended up buying everything andy posted above so once that shit arrives ill bore thy cylinder out and slap everything together, might also looks at trying to make a small expansion chamber up once i've got it all running. 

• 1 month later...

so been pretty lazy working on this (like most projects with me)

stripped the frame and tanks then rebogged all the tiny dents in it, its still not perfect but yeah alot better than before (half of the bog in that pics been sanded off)

jzzu.jpg

0pb6.jpg

then painted all the frame, forks, wheels and what not.

gfsh.jpg

then painted the tank and slapped it half together and not it looks like this

jtmw.jpg

pretty happy with how its looking at the moment. my parts arrived from the uk. the point doesn't fit must be a different year v50 one but i put the consender on. The barrel is still at my mate place getting bored out to the new piston size 41.5mm ;)

churrr

• Like 2

Thanks man. Pics don't do it any justice. Have to get my good camera out sometime. 

Nah i think they are different. My ones have the springs on the inside of the forks, Yours are on the outside. wwaayy more OG. 

I really don't know what to do with handlebars. 

I could keep the originals on and cut the front brake lever off or chuck some old bmx ones on there?

Might keep the old ones on.