Flibois CB50 turn AX100 brat

BlownCorona

Guest jtkp61

Oh lol, that is me you are talking about Josh.... he was a grumpy old idiot down there - told me all of the "youth" ruin these classics and will die.

Anyways, Dean @ Avon City Suzuki is a genuine piner and loves it. He is a legend and has heaps of crack up stories about when he used to roll these bikes in his youth

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fliboi

the above is true, have had nothing but good service from avon city suzuki, unfortuntly the still only really cater to new bikes, but still thinks lik batterys and such have been good from them.

anyway,

an actual update, this is is fucking rowdy with that short pipe, so i have had a real good think about how to design the internals, and ive come up with a large spiral passage inside the muffler, making the gasflow path around 1m long, and if need be, ill put some tabs that stick into the gasflow to disrupt it a little and hopefully get it a little more civilised.

i will also build this spiral around a central pipe, which i will fit a plug into, so i can remove it and make the bike alot more rowdy for when i want it to be.

ill make a start on it tonight and i have high hopes for it!

Guest Fliboi

most of the frame will stay silver i think, else it all turns into a big black blur, but still alot of parts to go black also.

so turns out my holesaw is fucked, will mark out and cut all the parts by hand, will probably have a nicer result anyway

Guest Fliboi

that will happen. sanding back that hammer finish paint is a big anoying job though.

also the spiral baffle worked, but not well enough. i really need to figure out how i can get this a little more quiet

Guest Fliboi

I don't care about how loud it is personally. But its cause I ride through town daily that a lower profile would be nice.

Whod have thought shutting a 49cc up would be so hard!

Guest Fliboi

Spent over 4 hours colour sanding and polishing the tank today, came up stuningly clear and shiney, except one side of the tank where the clear had orignially gone cloudy, hoped to be able to colour sand it out, but it looks like not.

anyone know if this is saveable via sanding the clear, or will i need to start from scratch? im fully prepared to because of how stunnig the rest looks!

good side (top is the same)

img20130330162549.jpg

"rashy" side, very hard to photograph since its as equally polished as the opposite side)

img20130330162701.jpg

img20130330162714.jpg

Guest Fliboi

no worries, i definatly want it gone, and this is really my 'do everything right' bike, so more than happy to re do it.

and cheers for the compliments! i do love how its turning out, frame really needs repainting now, because if you make something (tank) look 10x better, the thing next to it looks 10x worse.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...