1987 1uz e30 (the Sake Bomb.)

d.p.n.s

I personally don't know of anyone killing 1.............it is possible so ill find out for you ......at a later date.

I do, in a baby'd 320i even.

The centre looked like it had exploded, and he was just pulling away from a ped. X-ing.

Conversely 'built' small cases have been used in 300whp NA screamers in the US, albeit in a 900kg E30

I would count on having a spare handy...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok for the person that text me sorry  I deleted it before I saved your number.

this is what the complete front is made up of and yes its all just bolted together.

e30 cross member

e30 20mm sway bar with new bushes and rod ends. 

e36 hubs ,discs and callipers with braded lines

e36 coil overs

99 m3 control arms

tree house racing control bush

e30 SPC camber plates

e36 GSR stud converstion kit.

dscf6982e.jpg

50342315.png

91833712.png

studsbmwall.jpg

• Like 1

found a radiator the size I needed

made a shroud for it and got it all mounted (will cut holes for fans when I have the fans I want)

also made templates for flowing air to radiator (will cut out of alloy this week at work.

(some pics for the pic whores)

dscf6984q.jpg

dscf6985.jpg

dscf6986o.jpg

dscf6987d.jpg

that is all

Liking the alloy work for the radiator inlet, looking forward to get stuck into mine before too long.

Re: Your Camber plates.

Those look to have a huge 'stack height'

If you're needing to get the car lower, and still have suspension (bump) travel, have a look at the GC or Vorshlag plates.

no its all good mate

in the pic below .that's about ride hight and that's with the e36 front lip being 15mm higher then the e30 lip it can still go 55mm lower with the coil overs

dscf6766u.jpg

so I bought a box of 1uz headers and header parts of trade me 

ngur.jpg
as a set of the manifolds looked like they may work.

and yes a set did work perfectly

the passenger side is perfect

.t29u.jpg

the drivers side not so much ..as the steering knuckle is right by the last exhaust port

so I welded some metal to the flang where I wanted it and cut the bit out that's in the way

xbs0.jpg

then just cut some of the other up till it worked.... and ill weld it up fully at work next week

crx5.jpg

will do the job till I make some coustom ones down the line(when it gets a link ecu and turboed/supercharged lol)

so Ive been doing a lot of research and thinking about fuel cell vs factory fuel tank.
for those that don't know the e30 fuel tank sits under the rear set in front of the rear sub frame
and has 2 tanks one on each side.
this helps with the sweet handling that the e30s have and it doesn't change the handling characteristics when the tank is getting empty.
now I really wanted to use a fuel cell in the boot but from what ive seen and been told (by lots of people that race e30s
here in the states and the uk) that the handling is very good with about 30l of fuel but once it starts to get low the handling can change lots and become a bit of a handful.
so I have decided to use the factory e30 tank from the parts car and a surge tank in the engine bay.
will save me some money to as its a fuel injected model so it has a lift pump to pump to the surge tank
and I can also use the fuel lines from the parts car as well.

that is all

• Like 1

I for got to say the factory tank is only 9kgs with all fittings.

but the main thing is its in the perfect place and wont cost me anything to get the fuel side of things done.(well aprt from sorting out how to get fuel in as the fuel flap hole has been wielded over haha)

no its all good mate

in the pic below .that's about ride hight and that's with the e36 front lip being 15mm higher then the e30 lip it can still go 55mm lower with the coil overs

Don't confuse being able to 'slam your ride' with actually having the bump travel needed for it to be usable.

esp. since you are running keeper (or may be tenders) springs upfront says to me you have a lot of droop travel, but probably limited bump (combined with E36 struts being taller than the original E30's).

By running less stack height (or raised turrets), you can filp that situation around, as E30/36/46 strut front ends need big roll bars which defeat need for a lot of front droop, just have a look at race car pics, most will have the inside front tyre barely on the ground.

Just my 2c from experience, sure you'll figure out what works once you get some testing time on the track.

Keep the updates coming.

Don't confuse being able to 'slam your ride' with actually having the bump travel needed for it to be usable.

esp. since you are running keeper (or may be tenders) springs upfront says to me you have a lot of droop travel, but probably limited bump (combined with E36 struts being taller than the original E30's).

By running less stack height (or raised turrets), you can filp that situation around, as E30/36/46 strut front ends need big roll bars which defeat need for a lot of front droop, just have a look at race car pics, most will have the inside front tyre barely on the ground.

Just my 2c from experience, sure you'll figure out what works once you get some testing time on the track.

Keep the updates coming.

cheers for that and I fully understand what your saying .

and like you say I will get it all sorted with some seat time. for now I just want to get it on the track and go from there.