ke70 wags's toyota mark 2 of dezzziel

Mitch.W

yeah just grabbed it off him today i loving it! only this is at 100k's it sits just on boost so i guess im sucking more gas than it should be? but thats why i want a lower diff ratio but other than that its awesome.

that thing would look so sweet low! love the wagons for more practicality.

• 2 months later...
Guest Yowzer

I don't think there's really much that fits the same spot as the CT20. Just space the wastegate actuator out with a few washers to pump the boost up a few points. I think these run 7ish PSI factory, but ya can tweak it to 12 or so with the washers. More than that and you'd want an intercooler, but I freeboosted mine around 25psi with no adverse effects.

Guest ke70_wagon

ahhwell i guess itl do for now, so do i just keep adding washers until i get my desired amounts of booooossttss?

haha not keen to freeboost haha.

Guest Yowzer

Basically. A check valve style boost controller is a much better option though as they prevent a lot of wastegate creep so ya hit your boost faster compared with washers or bleed valve type controllers.

A bit of research suggests ya hit your desired boost around 300-400 rpm earlier, which is quite significant when you only have 4.5k to play with.

Guest ke70_wagon

ahhh i have a bleed valve sitting round somwhere. i just have no clue how/where to wire in my boost gauge its a mechanical type? might do some reserch on the 4wd forums

Guest Yowzer

If it's a mech jobbie just run a line from the manifold to the gauge. If yours has the EGR crap on the engine there should be a couple of vac points on the manifold to tee off from.