lowering Mitsubishi Sigma

spacie

Hey guys, just acquired me a 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma SE. This is my first Mitsi so I require some help...she needs lowering. Bad. A LOT of lowering!

Photographic evidence:

1eqmuv.jpg

2q2lete.jpg

Have rung up my suppliers through work (Autolign and Stocks), apparently they have never made "superlow" springs for a Sigma...and there is one set of "lows" available in the country (I can see these doing stuff all!). Has anyone here been through this before and managed to get yours sitting at a more respectable height? This is the height I'm after http://www.sigma-gal...t=6555&start=30. Apparently this is lowered on compressed springs in the rear and compressed Mitsubishi Diamante station wagon springs in the front. Anyone have some more specific information than this, that doesn't really help me a lot. Or my last option is to get some custom springs made by Cobra springs and my shocks shortened through Autolign, which I can organise though work but it seems like a headache, I've never had to do anything like this before, don't know what measurements I need etc and don't really want to leave my car up on axle stands for a couple weeks!

Help!

Quick photoshop for lols:

dr69s.jpg

Cheers :)

Starion fronts are slightly shorter and fit the sigma strut. See if there are listings for low springs for Starion.

You could maybe get some standard Starion fronts compressed.

Ive got compressed VW Golf fronts in mine. Dont fit great, but they fit.

Rears are different between wagons and sedans so I dont know. I think they're the same as Lancer. I run cut springs with short shocks in my Lancer.

That sigma you linked to, the owner used to be on here, he may give more info. I sold a gearbox to him years ago, cant remember his name or anything tho.

I always thought that starions had front springs that had a smaller dia at the bottom compared to the top or is that only a specific year or somthing? Maybe im totally wrong, i dont know.

The rear shocks should be easy as to find somthing shorter, just needs to have the same mounting design. Maybe LA?LB, EX lancer or old mirage might fit in using the sigma bushes or even just make up some bushes.

Simple, the company that make cobra springs make custom springs. Call repco and deal with someone with a little knowledge and tell them what you want and wham, springs made to your exact specs. They're about $350 a pair from memory but that's not much worse than lowering springs.

Simple, the company that make cobra springs make custom springs. Call repco and deal with someone with a little knowledge and tell them what you want and wham, springs made to your exact specs. They're about $350 a pair from memory but that's not much worse than lowering springs.

Yeah mate, this was one of my options. We deal with Autolign (Cobra Springs dealer) through work, get them a reasonable amount cheaper than 350 for a pair due to my discount. However, I have no idea what measurements I need to give them...obviously internal diameter of factory spring but anything else is lost on me. Boss wants me to send my springs up to Archers in Rotorua to get compressed (once again, have no idea what to tell them! "uhh please compress these as far as you can go?!"). Looking at my front end there she needs a fucking 100mm drop! And yes, as I want it low, and the springs captive, I will be sending my shocks up to Autolign and getting them shortened.

Basically cut your springs untill your happy with the height and then just send the springs away and make sure to get them to make them with the correct ends so they seat properly. The thing is that they make standard springs for it so they have the correct seats in a diagram somewhere so they can make those so all the need to do now is make those with the height and spring rate of your cut ones and you should be sorted.