threetwoskyline

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey internet, it's been a while.

Got this pair of SSR Formula Mesh, 15x7JJ +13, and 195/50 Bridgestone MY01.

P1010251_zps1e8aa8cf.jpg

Good thing the coilovers are still up high, or I'd shred the tyres! Once I eliminate the silly lip on the inside of the guard and lower it more they'll tuck in nicely.

Aside from these, all my money has gone / going to certification, warrant etc. Only other thing I bought is a pair of 185/55's for the front, which are still my old Bridgestone meshies.

Change of plans, too. After seeing how these sit, I'll aim for a low offest pair of SSR mesh in 15x6.5, and transfer the 185's to them. That should sit plenty good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Big update to bump this thread from the bottom of the second page!

So after getting an actual reason out of the cert mayne it became obvious pretty early on that the Teins wouldn't cut it.
So after a lucky find I sold the Teins and bought these:

P6100354_zps0355fada.jpg

Silk Road RM/A8's, two way adjustable, with 8kg/10kg springs. But as you can see it the photo the tophats let go

because for whatever reason there wasn't anything holding them on ... I have no idea why.

A little later on, it became obvious that this wasn't going to be a quick process so I set about buying another pair of 7J's
so I had a set and they'd write "15x7J F&R" on the cert plate. However, Y!JP can have a certain effect on a man...

P6180362_zps4624a41c.jpg

FRP R32 GT-R front lip. It was cheap and I couldn't help myself.
I went a bit mad at this point and bought a Hakosuka wing from our very own Parts For Sale, and a C10 Skyline badge.

Anyway, I did buy another pair of 7J's, a pair of zero offset SSR Formula Mesh. Rad.
After a couple of weeks I got a letter saying they were "infested with live spiders" and were held at customs. Un-rad. And I hate spiders.
Anyway, easy fix, and got them within the same week:

P7040373_zps312be2e4.jpg

Got some cheap Bridgestones, 195/50R15's again. Why cheap? Because the guy couldn't get the jack under my car. Yeeeeeeeeee...
And that brings it about where it's at now. Wheels on the car, car on the floor, A-arms fouling against the strut towers.

P7180380_zpse5b2b2af.jpg

Oh, not quite. The front left tyre decided it wasn't a tyre any more, and this is where it sits until I find enough planks to
drive it on to get the jack under it ...

P8010385_zps09e27c3e.jpg

Yeah...

• Like 2

It looks tough!

Damn likes quota is gone, but great work. with regard to R32 current height/wheels and this \/\/

I know you're talking about the flat front left, but did you consider how skid-tacular you just sounded ?

/&

of course I did~

:-)

Thanks guys !

So I guess I should start updating this when I do something with it instead of once every six months ...

Good news !  I finally got it off the ground and got another wheel on it !  It moves again !!

Bad news .  The SSR has copped a hit during the tyres shenanigans .

P8050388_zpsfa7a4e24.jpg

Oh, any double wishbone friends out there have a solution to maxing them out ?  I don't fancy cutting the strut towers, so I'm
thinking about going to an shop and having the lower arm shortened. Anyone done this, or have a much easier solution ? 
(inb4 "raise the car")

A Arms? I'm guessing you mean the front stock camber arms? They sit about 10mm off the body. This car is going to be used for D1NZ missile thing, so I'm going to cut the strut towers and lower it some more :D

Stock camber arms?

Get after market ones you can wind in, be careful though, I've read they're cracking down on s#itty quality ones with regards to passing cert, so buy ones you know have passed before.

I've got a brand new set for my HR sedan I'm worried wont pass now...

And wicked GKTech ones for the rear, which instead of being steel pieces welded to each other, like most rear camber arms for Nizzans, are actually billet alloy from a single piece (so sweet) but are quite pricey..

And the biggest worry for me,

I'm sure a mate was telling me another friend of his was having a hard time certing even these, but hopefully someone has done it already now (had them tested) and they will fly through for everyone else using them afterwards (fingers crossed)..

Stock camber arms?

Get after market ones you can wind in, be careful though, I've read they're cracking down on s#itty quality ones with regards to passing cert, so buy ones you know have passed before.

I've got a brand new set for my HR sedan I'm worried wont pass now...

And wicked GKTech ones for the rear, which instead of being steel pieces welded to each other, like most rear camber arms for Nizzans, are actually billet alloy from a single piece (so sweet) but are quite pricey..

And the biggest worry for me,

I'm sure a mate was telling me another friend of his was having a hard time certing even these, but hopefully someone has done it already now (had them tested) and they will fly through for everyone else using them afterwards (fingers crossed)..

Ian at Autolign in Auckland was telling me that the REDLINE supplied camber arms are S*** quality aye, cars coming in with cracked perished arms looking for the reason why their car handles like a bag of dicks. haha