spark plugs

Steelies

hey yall. spark plugs

current boggle is: i cant find a hotter plug to fit my villiers motor. they take AB6 or D16 standard, but it's a big old plug and no one stocks anything hotter. something like D17/18 or AB5 would be the go.

then i realised i dont know much about plugs.

can you make a spark hotter with gap adjustment?

repco, bnt, local mower shop are all no-gos.

options are:

find the right plug

roll with the AB6, looking most likely

make a reducer and run a more widely available plug

???

i'd like to attempt running methanol and recommendations are for a hotter plug. really it'll be a miracle if it ever fires but for the sake of increasing likelihood of sucess even minutely i'd like to get a hotter spark. as above, odds are i'll just keep rollin stock plug specs.

that chart is about 50 years after villiers spec plugs. pretty much you only guna get 1 or 2 options. on newer stuff with 14mm plugs its easy. so many options. the reach of the plug makes a difference aswel. on my victas i run a cj8r/ ngk equivelent as despite being the same 'heat' as a regular cj8, it has a longer reach and i find less fouling and also more talks edit: resistor version of cj8

in conclusin, for 2t, pretty much best advice is: as cold as possible without fouling(wet)

edit: seeing as you're an engineer. change the thread/make an adapter for more options?