Mitsubishi Sigma Questions.

bmxican

Hey there fellow old schoolers, I have recently purchased a 1981 Sigma wagon with a sohc 4g63 used to be a 1600 and have a couple of questions.

Is there any disc brake rear ends that are easily adaptable or go straight on, would also like to know if there is a ten bolt lsd diff option. Or would i have a smaller diff being a 1600 and all.

Another option is, is it possible to adapt disc brakes to the drum rear end?

It has a one piece Drive shaft yay for no chronic vibrations. Must make a build thread when there is nothing on tv....

Last question is is there a power steering rack that will fit in? Cheers

Hey mate

To my knowledge there isnt a direct bolt in disc rear option. Your best bet would be to source a 10 bolt diff from a GSR Lancer and have the mounts off your diff put onto the 10 bolt.

Depending on what diff is actually in your car you could use these - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 393013.htm

There are a few options of 10 bolt diff heads including LSD. These came out in the GSR Lancer and some L200s.

SE and GSR Sigmas came out with powersteering (box not rack) Im yet to see if it fits in the wagon. I dont see why it wont.

If you do manage to find a sedan with powersteering dont forget to collect the steering column.

Keen to see a build thread!

Really light in the rear, previous owner has done skids everywhere and now the poor wagon has a bent drive shaft so i was hoping i could get a stronger rear end and some sort of bigger brakes or discs as i want to 4g63t it. So an lsd would be mint.

It also has this noise coming from the rear end of the car that sounds like a rumble as you drive along not a wine like a diff but a rumble, could this be the bent drive shaft?

• 2 weeks later...