brdflu REALLY shouldn't have bought kyteler's KHR30

kyteler

Ah, that sounds good. I'll keep that as a backup option, cheers man. I'll see what the parts one has in it when I get it. It's apparently only got 150k on the clock so the motor and components should still be in decent nick. Body is fucked though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyteler

yep. You should definitely give me you wheels. Have been craving multi piece goodness lately

I'll bring up the pair of XR4s with the Falkens on them for you to try and subsequently fall in love with and refuse to take off and give back.

Had a chuckle at those stickers, cool :).

Glad you enjoy, if I've got the cash I've got another little sticker I want to put on the front spoiler that I think a fellow 80s car enthusiast would like.

Guest Beaver

I'll bring up the pair of XR4s with the Falkens on them for you to try and subsequently fall in love with and refuse to take off and give back.

sounds like a win win

Guest Orion

2-VALVE SOHC GT-TURBO for the win. Glad to see the signwriter didn't simply try and make them in Impact.

I think you'll beat me around Manfeild for sure. Tried a few tweaks on the coupe after work to see if I could get rid of the bogging/hesitation but succeeded in making it worse, hooray! Might have to run it back to the mechanic and make a fuss.

Guest Beaver

sister mary you have some decent lowering to do......may the force be with you

no but seriuosly, like 4-5 inches has to come out before it doesnt look silly up front

• Like 1

Guest kyteler

sister mary you have some decent lowering to do......may the force be with you

no but seriuosly, like 4-5 inches has to come out before it doesnt look silly up front

I'm only really concerning myself with getting the top of the rear tyre tucked and then sitting the car as close to level as possible. The front arches on the 30 are strangely high. I think I'll still have a gap there unless I'm crushing rail or smashing front spoiler neither of which I am too keen on doing. Slightly unrelated but the Falken shod XR4s are sitting in the boot waiting eagerly for their test fit.

This is gonna look luuuuush.

Measure up springs and then throw some falcon springs in it bro.

Keen, problem being that the lower spring perch is a smaller diameter than the upper. I should get some ID/OD dimensions and do some digging. I think I need to or there will be problems at trackday/the entire drive with the rear end smashing on shit and bottoming out.

I agree though, I fucken' love how well it's turning out.

Guest kyteler

makita one ways in the back/increase spring rate with each coil removed

No can do, I have shorter shocks for the back and if I was to take any of the spring away, it would drag it's ass and I haven't got dro'z foh da ho'z to lift that shit back up to a drivable point.

Guest Brock-Lee

Haha don't listen to that foo.

Make it sit lush fully loaded and then just never take anythinf out of your car. My ke70 wagon last year looked dumb unless it had the velo bike in the boot.

Guest kyteler

are those 14s?

replace with 15s to fill more guard gap?

you're going to tell me thats a dumb idea :D

I don't have to. It seems.

Broccoli has my back anyway, he'll waste anyone who disapproves of my choices. Mostly because he knows that if he doesn't I'll straight face smash a beer can from his hand to the ground and crush it in an instant.

• Like 1

Guest Orion

Holy hell I chuckle every time I see those decals.

What tyre profile are those semi slicks? What you need to do is buy some of these, proceed to chop them until a suitable height is achieved, and then tell me how many coils you removed so I can do the same with squid.

I currently run a set of those in each car unchopped, you can see how my coupe sat when I had 205/60R15s, by looking back through my flickr albums.

Guest kyteler

Hahah, yeah man, me too. So he-lair-e-ass.

Also, they're 195/60R14

Perfect, IMO

I don't have the time or cash to get those springs before Nats, sadly.

Guest Orion

Oh, bummer about the lack of coin/time. You will investigate after Nats though, yes yes? ;)

Interesting, 195/60R14s. More or less identical rolling radius and profile to my 205/55/R15s, yet my guard gap looks substantially more moreish on lowered springs.

The front guard gap especially pisses me off to no end, haha.

6203448044_767802b5ce_z.jpg