AUCKLAND MONTHLY MEET - 18 September

EURON8

noice :) Cheers Ned

Steve and Tane can do more tints if anyone is keen. $150 for a full car 09 8389378 (let him know you're calling from Oldschool.co.nz)

Also, I know a guy who has a rad little security product from South Africa (and those guys need to know a thing or two about car security).

It's a gearshift lock, basically a hardened locking bracket that keeps your car stuck in gear.

Looks like these:

gearlock.jpg

gearlock2.jpg

They wont work with column change.

A "standard" installation takes around 4 hours, this will obviously change from car to car as we can appreciate with our unique toys. He has said he'll do us a deal to fit and install these for OS members for $200 (unless the install is really complicated).

He prefers doing the work at his home workshop out East Auckland, but can bring a lock along at the next meet if youse fullas are interested.

He'd probably sell the lock by itself if people want to fit it themselves and save a bit of dosh.

I've had one fitted to my daily driver and havnt had any issues with it. Works better than the alarm that people ignore anyway.

Normally a minimum of $250 to supply and fit. Let me know if you're interested and I'll invite him along to the next meet :)

OS cars, predominantly manual. Depress clutch and 'security' device is thwarted. Automatic? Saw through shifter.

Having seen a vehicle with one of these fitted stolen, they're only really good as a visual deterrent. And a very expensive one at that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic