GX71 Cressida Cert

nzcress

Went for a cert and was faild on the fact the my BC coilover kit was welded to the spindle? I thought this was allowed these days? It was done professionally and to a high standard.

Second thing was that because of the IRS and lowering of my car has ment pretty big negitive camber and I have to get a wheel alignment to show that it is within Toyotas spec.

Anyone know the specs by any chance?

Raising the car slightly wouldnt hurt.

As far as the welding the suspension is concerned if I am reading correctly (Info 05-2012 Welded Aftermarket Suspension Struts) on the lvvta website says I can do what I have had done?? The BC coilover kit came without spindles and were designed to be welded.

I believe others around the country have had their coilovers certed under these new rules

Yeah I was told by Tim at ttt when he did mine that if he even touched the Spindle with the weld then they couldn't be certed. Mine look exactly the same as the ones below but am yet to try and cert them.

Edit: a guy on here sold me a modified rear subframe that is camber adjustable so I can wind the camber out to near 0 so it will be cert able.

I think his user name is aa63_1uz or some such. He is building a 1uz Carina on here which you should be able to find him with.