Bogging when accelerating??

savageoutlaw

Not so there is no flow at all but to see if excess pressure from the dodgy wired electric fuel pump is a prob before spedning $100 on a regulator. But you wouldnt be able to set your vice grip guage to 3psi :)

. Its probly something else if it has been ok until now, but worth checking if new car or new setup/pump

Dunno if you fixed this, I had the same issue. Id had the carb recond, points/timing done etc. Turned out to be the Inlet valve clearance was set too tight, by about 0.05mm or so. Opened them up to correct setting and it runs perfect now. No bogging at all when accelerating.

I had a simular issue with a 1600 x-flow running a 28/36 weber. It was to do with the float according to Murray at weber specs and happened during acceleration and even if idling on a hill. There was also issues with a badly ground cam. Sorted it with a pair of DCOEs and a new cam. DCOEs fix everything. I can sort you out with Aeromotive fuel pumps and regs if you have the need.

Bogging does happen a LOT less. I kind of noticed it a little today when I floored it on the Highway. I do have a feeling the fuel pump has something to do with it. Wiring seems a little dodgy.

These are Hitachi SU carbs too. Will that make any differences on the previous fixes?

Dont have much time to fix car soon as school starts again...