SHIZZLE's pinto powerhouse mkV cortina

camo_78

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not so blingy, but oh so awesome, i love the look of the hotwires ae..

just hurry the fuck up and get it done man!!! haha...

will paint this after i buy a rifle for some tucker slaying...

then the only things i think ill do after that would be extractors and 2 1/4" exhaust right through, carb rebuild with new powervalve diaphram, new plugs and leads and a radiator recore..thats all i think.

not going to go overboard yet...if i do go OTT itll have to be with a cosworth turbo!

so ive been offered another MK5.....do i do it? tempting, very tempting.

this ones had a top end rebuild, proper lowering kit,extractors,and mild cam...

can i bring myself to the torture of 2 old fords??? cant be any worse than having a suby i guess

finally chucked in the new power valve diaphram...

it does idle away alot better, but now shes real flat at mid throttle, i guess someone has adjusted the fuel mixture to compensate that stuff diaphram..

how many turns on the mixture screw would a stock pint run??

in the manual it say "do not attempt to remove the plastic plug" lol...emissions crap and all that, you mustnt have been allowed to tune your car...

in other news i got sick of the exhaust dragging on the drive at work,so i cut the whole mid section out and replaced it with some nice polished stainless tubing,haha...lots of clearance now....stoked

the plan was to take the cortina off the road this month so i can repaint it and do some other things on it,like the bushes in the rear arms and the subframe mount bushes...

but finding 2 tyres for the suby has been an absolute C**T..theyr 205/50/16s and tyre shops want mega coin for them,so i cant turn the suby into a daily yet....the ones ive found on trademe the seller will only do pick ups..grrrr, and none in invers

and this flat spot/hesitation in the cortina is driving me friggin insane

no car updates,cos cars can GTFO at the moment...just got my firearms licence, so on the hunt for my first rifle..

probably end up with a cheapy norinco sks or m14....

have toyed with the idea of getting a 223 so i can use mil rounds that are obtainable for free through certain ways..

same with the 7.62x54 though.... have thought of a AR15 cos theyr legal on A cat, and i can get a 30 round mag and full auto mod for nothing...bit overkill for mid game though....good for rabbits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it was sold yesterday...

i know im gonna regret it....was hard seeing it drive away, especially when the guy tried to take off in 3rd,and had no idea where reverse was..

but on the other hand i feel like a proud father letting his kids off into the world....

car has gone up to ashburton i think...

drowned my sorrows in buying a 4x4...got another proceed, this time a extra cab wellside ute version.

got t for $1750 with fresh wof,so still have some coin for a winch and winch bar...yeah

will also put on a 3" hilux rollbar with quad spotties..

will give it a little bit more lift and some muddies....

may even swap the wellside for a flat deck with a lock box...

http://www.b2600turbo.com/index.html