4m40 - any tricks to bleeding fuel system

eke_zetec_RWD

so i had to take the shitty canter work truck home. all good. next morning it wouldnt start. had to take trusty pinto to work.

any way its had fucked glow plugs for ages so i put new ones in. still wont start.

so i took fuel hose off out let of fuel filter to find no diesel. even when i use the hand pump on top of filter is wont come through.

does this mean its defiantly a blocked filter ( its a big screw on can type ). or am i doing it wrong.

its pretty random. its got half a talk of gas. i checked it with a dip stick. and the filter isnt that old, its with in its normal service period.

The hand pump will be stuffed, i hook up a electric pump to suck diesel through then crack the pipe on the injectors and crank the engine until fuel comes out the pipes. Tighten back up pipes and it should be fine. You will need a new hand pump next time you replace the filter or run out of diesel.

If it happens again it'll be the front seal on the injector pump, requiring spendy pump work.

A lot of diesels have a mesh filter inline - often in the banjo fitting going into the pump - they fill with what looks like fuel rubber shards (and general crap) and block the whole shebang - no-one ever cleans the things out it seems.. I did this exact thing on a dozen of these over my time many years ago..

(check all banjo fittings for filter if the one into the pump does not have one - should be there somewhere)

edit - like this

23040223.JPG

Ohh u fuck it up Simon? Haha nah not yet. And it's stuck in my bloody driveway. Was wayyy to cold to try and fix tonight.

Ohh and I took the drift truck to town and then that wouldn't start so I just left the bitch there.

Fuel filter housing dnt have banjos. Just hose ends and clamp the pipe on.