Suspension help needed

damz721

Gidday old school readers..

I'm after some advice and ideas on how i should lower my car.

I own a 1987 mx73 Cressida

I also own a 85' mx73 cressida that has a whole set of standard suspension that i could use perhaps.

Ive had a look on trademe and what not and all i could source for lowering springs were cobra lows which only lower it 30mm which is sweet f.a

I dont want to go down the illegal path aka chop springs n what not but other than spending 1.5k on adjusties that seems to be the only way to go to get it low enough to look good.

bit of help is wanted on what i should do.

This is a picture of the car here (in progress of doing up)

p1000938k.jpg

any other ideas on what i could do to my car would be appreciated :P

Aftermarket springs will only lower your car marginally.. 50-70mm at most

You will need to get custom springs made which run around $300ish a pair and most probably shorter shocks too which would be $200ish a pair.

You could cut springs but I wouldn't do this unless you have had some experience - you can't add back on if you take too much off.. not to mention it is illegal..

adjusties are eaily certed if you have over 100mm ground clearnce and the suspension is bolt parts

I heard a rumour that the laws n shit are changing to make them illegal full stop. Dunno what the truth is though.

hrmm, first I heard and deal with a certifier a fair bit, but anything is possible.

I doubt they'll be able to make people with a cert change back though!

I also can't see why they would make it so you can't sort a cert for them, at least this way people are certing a safe change. People will just use dodgey suspension if what ever they have will get them stickerd, if there isnt a safe alternative that can make it legit they'll just go the cheaper/incorrect way..?

I used cobra MA61 supra springs front and rear cant remember if they were super low or just low but the were the lowest ones they made for Ma61 and ae92 front inserts with a little spacer under the insert to keep it all captive , used a holden commodore wagon strut for the rear too , all worked out pretty well rode really well too

Picture037.jpg

could have been a little lower in the front though