CO2/exhaust sensor & Tune help

Indiana_Jones

I have a wideband port in my mini, but found it to be a bit hit and miss compared to tuning an injected car... To the point where I actually acheved better results tuning the SU by feel/ear/sparkplug colour.

You really have to sort out the idle mixture (adjustment) and then play with the needle (diameter) to get fuelling at cruise / max rpm with spring weight (inside the dash pot), then work on transient throttle by fiddling with the dash pot oil(i like a pretty heavy oil compared to some suggestions i have seen).

Cheers for the reply lads, it's a single HS6 (1 3/4"). Used to have a waxstat jet and floating needle, have converted it back to stock with a normal jet (forget the size off the top off my head), a ZH fixed needle and a yellow spring.

Centred the jet etc so I think the carb itself is fine, it's just tuning it and a hands on lesson would be great.

Regarding the dashpot oil I had tried light oil (3 in 1, sewing machine kinda stuff), but this time I decided to follow the owners handbook and the haynes book of lies and toss in some engine grade oil (20W50).