Vegie's '83 S12 Gazelle

vegie

my alternator decided to eat itself for breakfast...

somehow the armature winding broke free and made a sweet copper birds nest :doubt:

and to top it off, strained my back swapping it out. i'll call round one a draw...

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The microtech computer install is turing into a bastard.

the loom has too much wiring to fit into the black sleeving tube they supplied, and nowhere that's open seems to have any today.

thier supplied manual isnt to crash hot either...

made some progress, so not a total waste of time.

p.s. thanks nissan for changing every plug, wire colour, and position of things. not one matches the factory manual....gah!

unfortunately no.

the 2 main looms run through there, and theres not enough clearancefrom the engine. FJ's tend to rock around a bit...

i even looked at mounting them infront of the rocker cover, but the bonnet is so close, theres no way it would work.

the only other option was the passengers strut tower, but that would mean getting a custom set of leads made as 2 of them are too short. fcuk.

• 2 weeks later...

FJ20s sound delicious, yes they do.

We built a tacho output circuit a few years back for the TX3 running wasted spark + Link so it should be easy enough - in fact I think the original application was for an AE86 but turned out to be universal as the coils provide the signal, not the igniter.

I'll have to dig up the circuit diagram.

semi slicks, thats pretty serious man!

yeah, ive got a lot of fiddly bits still to do to.

theres nothing holding the airfilter in, half a dashboard and no rear seats yet.

on a side note, bosch 044 pumps are REALLY loud. not sure i approve. backseat may shut it up a bit.

• 1 month later...
Guest zips1

hey man i love your s12 ... you wouldn't believe what i have got my hands on... a 87 full white s12 rsx =o this one def has an r200 ahaha and lsd i was wondering if you new what these came in viscous ? clutch ? ill make a build thread asap to show ya xD

Guest vegie

nice! look forward to seeing it. notchback i take it?

last one of these i saw was in papakura. old boy driving it, and even had tennis balls stuck all up the aireal. haha

it must be at least an '87 with the early ca18det? r200 should be a clutch LSD if manual, but may be open if auto...

Guest zips1

yip you got it 87 notch yip factory manual and ca18det no intercooler :o ahah iv done the old jack it up and spin the wheels and its def lsd dam i hope its a clutch one!! i managed to save this as it was heading to a sure death needs plenty of work though !!! it has only had 1 owner since being in nz who was an old boy could be the same one ???

Guest Roman

Nice one Zips1, they sure are hard to come across.

If I ever have enough $$$ for an Orion style 80s car filled garage, an S12 would definitely be on the list.