Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right, that explains everything then.

The O rings at the back have never got replaced I would say.

And I hope all the stuff inside the aftermarket waterpump will not fail any time soon.

If it is what I think it is.

pump out, replace o rings, pump back on, coolant,bleed, and drive.

right, the Workshop manual I found online doesn't make much sense to me.

I took 3 main bolts out also the are 2 nuts I took out from the pipe goes to the back of the engine and the Injector.

But still, I think the pump is connected to the top hose to the radiator. which I can't work out how to disconnect the pump from that.

It may just need some gentle persuasion to un-stick the pump housing as you said they used liquid gasket.

Try levering it gently with a screwdriver

What I was trying to do is not breaking the pump apart. but taking to pump out from the engine and replace the O rings behind the back plate. errh, anyone has taken the whole pump out before?

pretty hard to explain without taking photos, but I can't because it is tight as space.

These two nuts basically connected a large section of piping to the thermostate housing(not the bottom hose)

otherwise I would have to take them out as a whole.

thanks for that, I will have a good here.

Hoses are off long time ago.

generic brand waterpump kits have a reputation for being shit (or at least poorly installed causing leaks) - if you want to, you could get a new waterpump and gasket kit from toyota. Proper installation of that would eliminate leaks

Between the engine and first part of the pump, there should be an o-ring and a gasket. And between the front part of the pump (impellor) and the rear housing, there should be a gasket (toyota genuine parts do at least)

16100H, Is the o-ring in the link you sent to me steve, I guess I will have to see what material it would be once I ordered it from toyota.

so far, Minimum I need to order from toyota:

O-ring gasket, Thermostate+ Gasket , Gasket from the thermostate housing goes to number of pipes, top pipe gasket, 2 maybe one little rubber ring goes from the pump to the top pipe + rear strut nut that I forgot to order before.

Pretty much all gasket in that link you sent to me steve.

also, just found out there is a gasket With sealant between the front and rear of the water pump plate, is this necessary ?

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1984_T ... _1603.html

here's the rest of the cooling system if you didn't find it before

so far, Minimum I need to order from toyota:

O-ring gasket, Thermostate+ Gasket , Gasket from the thermostate housing goes to number of pipes, top pipe gasket, 2 maybe one little rubber ring goes from the pump to the top pipe + rear strut nut that I forgot to order before.

Not gunna lie to you I struggled to follow what you mean there ^

also, just found out there is a gasket With sealant between the front and rear of the water pump plate, is this necessary ?

This is what I just told you andy, toyota parts would have supplied a gasket for this, obviously when the pump was last replaced some aftermarket pump was fitted and it was sealed with gasket goo, these generally end up leaking