Lincoolns 1986 Fuego Turbo

Lincooln

• 4 months later...

You dont need silicone hoses. The rubber ones are fine. Silicone hoses are pretty hard to work with (if you need to expand them at all), and they are no better or worse than rubber ones, just harder wearing, they take alot more abuse. I've seen rubber hoses last 20 years or more, and cheap silicone ones starting to de-laminate after 5-10yrs (degrade). Sure the blue silicone hoses look pretty, but the problem you have is a core engine issue, your going to spend enough dealing with that, why bother getting some pretty blue hoses.

well if I was to get silicone I would be getting the black silicone ones, I hate all blue bits and stuff through the engine bay.

Yeah the main problem is the engine, but all the hoses etc are getting tired and perished and keep failing etc. Rather replace them all now than have something bad go wrong like a fuel leak, causing a fire etc. So it will all be done at once.

well, from experience silicone fuel line is really expensive, and hoses are of no real benefit other than bling, I'd say the best call is just to go for it, and replace the lot but do it in rubber with good quality hose clips, should last like 20yrs :)

sweet as. yea the fuel hose is a bit more in silicone, but isn't too bad.

I know people who can get my rubber fuel hose cheaper. Will see if the dealer can source a full hose kit, I doubt it and if they can it will be mega dollars I am sure, but will be good to know all the same.

Sounds like a good idea, too bad i can't find any listings for hoses for the Fuego turbo anywhere, 2 litre sure, but not the turbo. Just so typically french. :rolleyes::rolleyes::evil::rolleyes:

Well aside from the 'turbo' part, the rest should be pretty much the same.

• 6 months later...

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30707

sorry - mods feel free to move this I couldn't locate the discussion thread...

Lincooln if you can't locate a clutch kit and the mounts you need by helping a local business, you might have some luck in blighty of all places - they had four clutch kits listed for the fuego, two suitable for the turbo... here's one of them. http://www.eurocarpa...5a5cc2&000069�� you can speak english with them (I'm sure you'd get what you need in france, just need french)... and they won't even hear your uccent via email! #; )

hope that helps

Cheers for that man, I will keep that in mind if I can not find anything else.

cheers

• 1 year later...