STAINLESS STEEL WELDING AUCKLAND HELP!!

b-roc

hey all

i really need my silencer welded into my dumpy asap-just needs a few tanks or something

anybody out there able to weld stainless or know someone that can help me out for cheap :D

its the last thing i need done before taking my startlet b ak to the cert guy

any help well be greatly apreciated

i went to pit stop and the did mine for a cash 20, guessing it only has to be tacked in for a warant. if so any mig will weld it enough for the warrant man

oh yea sweet, its for a warrent but the cert guy said it needs to be quieter to so hel have a good look at it no doubt, definitly dont want it in there for the long

haul so maybe a temp tacking will do the damagee

cheers mate

or you could either just leave it in and quiet or add another muffler and get it legally quiet with no silencer?

i dont mind the noise and to be hoest its not over the top loud like some rotas but the silencer just makes

it sound like my ksev with an exhause leak and a lumpy idle haha

when its certed im going to drop the back again and mite have to go smaller on the dumpy cause it was pretty damn close

to the ground before i put the kingys back in it

why not just do it legally and properly, it's like a 96db limit, thats still pretty loud really.

why be dodgy, that just opens you up to the risk of fines and attention from the cops,

for me, that would take all the joy out of owning the car pretty fast.

Why are you bothering with a cert if you're going to lower it more and change the exhaust? Makes no sense at all as the cert will be worthless. I could say do it properly like above, but it doesn't sound like you're interested in that. :scratch:

the suspension im putting back in was only removed due to bumping out under "3 rear passengers weight"- my starlet only

takes 2 rear passengers but we didnt find that out untill after the first inspection so the first set up now would be fine, especally with new bumps. so cert wont be void as it will still be + or - 5

and as for the exhasut im not doing it dodgey iv put all the nesacery resonators in there just isnt enough room for any more

under there, without the silencer im only JUST above the 95db mark and the silencer just makes it sound shit ,its more of a quick fix untill iv got some money and time for a smaller tip

I always thought a cert covered the parts in the car at the time of check. Not whatever you decide to swap in later. Are you saying you can change parts willy nilly and a cert is still fine?

Tacking in a silencer and removing it IS the dodgy. If it's too loud you need another muffler not a stack of resonators. Each to their own though. Just don't complain when the cops pick on you/your ride. Doesn't affect me, so i'm not hatin' just trying to help.

I always thought a cert covered the parts in the car at the time of check. Not whatever you decide to swap in later. Are you saying you can change parts willy nilly and a cert is still fine?

Tacking in a silencer and removing it IS the dodgy. If it's too loud you need another muffler not a stack of resonators. Each to their own though. Just don't complain when the cops pick on you/your ride. Doesn't affect me, so i'm not hatin' just trying to help.

i dont see where the changing parts willy nilly thing comes in, my suspension is going to be within the plus or minus 5mm when i re install what i had and change my tires as it states on a cert plate so thats sweet and to my undertanding if i smashed a exhaust tip on my dx wagon i woudnt need a cert so i dont get why changing to a smaller tip minus a silencer would be an offence if im still within thw legal noise restrictions..they guy isnt even certing my exhaust as far as i know that is done seperatly. on every rotarty iv owned there has been nothing about the exhaust on any plate. they check if you have 2 resonators + a tip tho i think thats the minimum that you need or something along thoses lines anyways