mini running issues

ms53_wagon

hey,

my inlaws have a sweet little old mini (been in their family for donkeys) but now just sits in the garage, rather sad really.

so I had a go at getting it running etc and had some success......new plugs, timing, reset tappets, pulled carb apart and did a quick clean up etc..

However, its doing some 3 cylinder action and one of the spark plugs is really greasy compared to the rest.....what does this mean? im guessing either worn rings? or valve stem seals or something...?

The inlaws are not gonna wanna throw too much money at it really so how can i find out further what it is without pulling too much apart..?

Cheers

also - think its a 850cc?

Yeah italian tuneup = take it for some high load runs to build up a decent bit of heat...

the closest hill would be up the motorway towards albany but could be a bit failburger if the car doesn't want to play the game, there is that sweet straight past the panelbeater that goes around the back of the airfield towards riverhead which would be ok..

yea lately it has only had small runs around the island. might definitely be time for a fang off the island! the straight around the back of the airfield would be best as its pretty quiet. the mini hasnt had a wof since 07? so dont wanna get pulled up haha

cheers