Z18ET Help

datto_310

I'm looking for some help / to be pointed in the right direction, I have not alot of experience with EFI, used to carbs and points, anyway the Z18ET in my bluebird seems to have a issue when you put your foot down it just coughs and splutters. it starts fine and if driven softly will run fine. I have checked the AFM seems to be working. plugs look ok coils are new-ish GT40's.

timings correct and was going awesome when i first got it. but seems to have developed this wee issue that seems to be intermittent

could it be fuel pump or computer? I have another motor im getting soon will try swapping computers over see what happens then

Can anyone shed some light on my issue?

Looking at your build photos,

Check your sparkplugs to make sure none are fouled, oiled up, have a huge gap or a very tight gap.

Check the plug leads are not tracking down the plugs or to ground somewhere else.

Check the HT leads it looks like some have been replaced already. The red Repco ones are crap.

Check for air leaks between the air flow sensor and the throttle plate.

Check for vacuum leaks around the intake manifold.

What is your fuel filter like?

Try and get hold of a fuel pressure gauge and check the fuel pressure when it is playing up.

See what you find?

Also loving the white paint sillhouette on the grass around the car.

I have replaced a few Vacuum hoses that have split and i have put new leads on it. ran mint when i did that then its just slowly devolved the issue, i turned the boost down a little and then it went away for ages and ran mint then all of a sudden started to do it again. hmmm will try a few more things

Have replaced leads a while ago, mate came over on sunday we cleaned and gapped the plugs witch made a diffrence for a wee while and did a few test's, don't think its fuel related its like the sparks breaking down high up in rev range then the light on computer comes on, going to try another computer when my other motor turns up see what happens there, does anyone know where i could get a handbook/ info on a Z engine?