1973 Mini Clubman - Goindf

goindf

All nicely parked up in the garage. Did a little bit of work on it Yesterday. Got out with the wire brush and stripped back the primer to find a few rust holes but nothing to serious, chucked a bit of Rust convertor on it to slow it down for now. Will post some photos soon.

Yeah, thinking about different colours, not 100% sure yet, actually not even 10% sure what colour, Wife would love the Purple but Im not convinced, even though with a wrap I can change my mind every 6 months and rewrap it (finances allowing). Air Bags was actually my Dads idea, that comes from the Truck background, but it may be a bit of a major to do but who knows. He reckons it would give a better ride but I am keen for the wow factor, something a bit different. Not that you want a Mini any lower, though it would look cool when you park and dropped it literally on its a**e!

• 1 month later...

Airbags would be a mission there is stuff all room inside the subframe area and a small diameter bag would need to run massive pressure, you would also lose the go-cart spec handling. :bounce:

I reckon a nicely set up ride height, and enough flare to take some deep dish 13x8's. Plus a tidy dark colour rather than something too outrageous.

Something like this would be pretty much win in my opinion, something both enthusiasts and modifiers would both appreaciate.

Paignton09-13.jpg

Good luck with the build. :salute:

Still undecided on the airbag thing, may end up leaving looking nana-ish outside and go extreme inside but I am sure that will change as it progresses. Lots of Audio and Electronics, including Central Locking, Pop Doors and Electric Windows if I can work the window thing out?

• 1 month later...