Hayden's wagontastic KE70

WhangareiKE70

Just to throw it out there - if you are going to go turbo id just use a 3sgte from the start. Better setup for big power, and we all like big power. Also probably cheaper to buy. Plus 6 speed box cant handle a lot of torque. I had a 3sgte that was quite heavily modified and it was absolutley fucking mental.

Cool wagon though, id love something like this to daily. Looks to be in good condition too

Just to throw it out there - if you are going to go turbo id just use a 3sgte from the start. Better setup for big power, and we all like big power. Also probably cheaper to buy. Plus 6 speed box cant handle a lot of torque. I had a 3sgte that was quite heavily modified and it was absolutley fucking mental.

Cool wagon though, id love something like this to daily. Looks to be in good condition too

Yeah, the guy I bought it off was the son of a panelbeater, so I guess I was lucky, it has had a lot of work done on it already. There are a few bits that I want to touch up though, especially around the gutters. Probably going to strip it all down and give it a full respray, inside and out. Just need another car to drive around in the meantime.

The main reason I chose 3SGE w/ 6 speed is because it comes RWD standard. But I guess I would just need an S series RWD box. Any ideas?

I already have the 3SGE Beams so am reluctant to go away from that path, but will do so if it makes it easier in the long run.

What sort of power/torque figures could I expect from the Beams 3SGE with ITBs?

seen this rolling around the rei a few times. whats wrong with 4age ?

Yup, I work in town and generally drive around/reak havoc around town. So get seen a lot. :lol:

What's wrong with the 4AGE? Dunno... Just generally wanted something different. And was inspired by the Beams swap I had seen in a few other KEs/AEs, so yeah. Also, I wanted at one stage to put an SR20 in it, but couldn't bring myself to go Nissan, so went with the Toyota equivalent.

Is it worth going 3SGE?

sr20, i would have a disappointed look on my face, every time i seen you drive past.

beams is ok i guess, myself i wouldn't swap the 4age out for one. wont gain much if anything, from just adding quads to one. but will far more awesome sound/ looks wise none the less.

if you just wanted some more power. a nice turbo setup on your current 4age, would be best bang for buck.

Hmmm. That might be the go then. Save the 3SGE for another project. What to do? I already have the 3SGE, but I also have the 4AGE.

If I were to go 4AGE + Turbo, I would need to buy a spare and build it up as I use the car every day. What sort of work would I need to do to a 4AGE for reliabilities sake when turboing it? Or would I be better off starting with a 4AGZE? You seem to know a whole lot about this 4AGE business, teach me, oh wise one. :tongue:

I think some people are getting about 200hp at the wheels with a well set up beams on quads, thats what I am aiming for. But if I was to go down this road again I wouldnt have used a beams just because of the added costs. I would just use a 4age cos its lighter, smaller, and way cheaper, plus turbo route is easier and cheaper. I have spent fucking bucketloads and its still not running!

If you are going to hunt down a new motor get a 7 rib ze with under piston oil squirters and go from there. Internals are pretty good. You could probably get 300whp easily enough if your willing to spend some moneys.

Also - just so you know im talking from experience:

P1040569.jpg

Check out the cs garage one for inspiration.

^ this

your na bigport 4age will run 10psi no worries and be reliable. long as it isnt shagged to start with. don't need any fancy stuff. main thing you need is a decent aftermarket ecu and a good tune. you would need it for the beams anyway. i can tune it for a small fee :D

and yeh as spanners said, if you wanting to make stacks of power go ze bottom end. i wouldn't bother buying a 4agze though. rebuild a na 7 rib block with new 8.9 4agze pistons, arp rod bolts and head studs. makes a very solid engine. smallport or silvertop are best option. then use your head of choice

i'd just turbo your current engine

Haha, dedication, still discussing cars at 12:30 am while wusses like me are sleeping. :tongue:

Also, have seen the C's garage one before. Makes me inappropriately happy that car does. :D

GAH! What to do with the Beams then? Also have potentially been offered the opportunity of owning an AE86, which I do believe would significantly slow this project. :?:D Put the Beams in the AE86? Haha

Dunno if it will happen yet, waiting for the guy to get in contact with me.

But yeah.

Also, what are your thoughts on the lack of bumper on the rear end?

I mean, I'm not a chode-tastic loser who wants to shave the rear end and be a fag.

But I kind of like the lack of bumper. I got it that way and it has kind of grown on me.

Let me know whatcha think.

And KPR, once I get to that stage, I would be honoured to let you tune it. :)

sell the beams to fund 4age power. then give me the ae86 for tuning payment.

Haha, that's a serious tune. :tongue:

Don't know if the Beams is any good tbh. Bought it cheap. Has oil leak. Yup.

And a dud isn't good to anyone. But I'm not sure if it's a dud. Definitely has some good parts.

Might pull it to bits and see if it's any good before getting rid of it.