need help with my daily driver!!!!!

d.p.n.s

i drove the car yesterday and all was fine. got up to go to work today and it wont start.

its a 93 mitsi galant 1800 v6

it has fuel going to it

it has a good spark.

ive cleaned the afm and taken the old filter out so its not that.

any ideas please as with out it im fucked and cant aford another car at the moment

cheers

dan

p.s you can text me if easyer 0212140427

Possibly flooded? Nissans can have a tendancy to do that, some toyotas too. Take the fuel pump fuse/relay out and crank it with throttle full on, or unplug injectors if need be. Might take a while. Might need to remove plugs and check for excess fuel.

usually the distributor module plays up causing complete ignition cut and wont spark until the module cools down after a few moments, then repeats the cycle, but if you have spark then it probably isn't that.

I had an issue with a 6A13 SOHC Legnum that just started to run real rough at an intersection and stalled and refused to start back up again. Turns out the dizzy cap was at fault, the center prong from the coil got stuck pressed down and the spring didn't push it against the rotor. I replaced the dizzy cap and rotor and found it still wouldn't start because it was flooded from all the repeat attempts at trying to start before. Once new plugs were in it ran fine again.

Another thing to look at is the ECU, it should be mounted under the center console close to the firewall, with access from the kick panels around the feet etc. Remove the ECU and open it up and check the condition of the electrolytic capacitors and the surrounding tracks on the circuit board. Often the capacitors leak their fluid out and destroy the tracks giving all sorts of issues. Sometimes this is preceded by the catalytic converter warning lamp coming on, or a smell of rotten fish/electrical burning smell coming from under the dash.

This was found when removing the ECU from an E35A Galant, the capacitors leaked and damaged the idle control circuit which caused one of the stepper motor drivers to literally blow up:

DSCF1781.jpg

thanks lads shes alive

bit of a cunt of a job as the inlet mainfold needs to come off to get to the rear plugs and injectors.

but all good now just got 2 truck battarys and cranked it over for a good few minutes and now shes all good.

thanks again

dan