Anyone Need a hand to Clean in Christchurch

minimun

What a GC!

I am super impressed with the way the students have made a big effort to help. Part of me wishes that the people who live near the university and complain most about you guys saw in person what you all did and are still doing in our city.

Even though our place is fine, I just wanna say good on ya mate!

Yeah, Good on you mate!

My Mum's house is silted up to fuck. I'm hoping that once the exams are out of the way the SVA will spring into action again. I don't think I could clean up earthquake damage at work, and then clean up silt in my own time.

My house is fucking awesome considering where I live. Not one teaspoon of silt on my property. And apart from two doors that wont close fully, and one that wont stay open you'd barely even know we'd had a quake. Few cracks and what-not, but nothing too major.

TBH I'm more concerned about how my street might sit if they abandon large parts of the areas surrounding it.

Mums place is a mess though. She rang ans said some volunteers came today and did some for her. In dad's worshop in her back yard the shake was violent enough to move the lathe. That's a big piece of kit too. (Must weigh 1000 kegs I reckon) And his plymouth escaped with only very minor damage. Fucking drill press fell over and landed on the freshely recored radiator. Miracle of miracles it didn't fuck it though.

went over to dads today. (He's in hawai) His house is in bexly, so it's uber fucked. But he's been out of there since feb. And I'd say that the mrs dads house is boarderline on being uninhabitable too.

Nice to hear yours is standing up ok Bart.

At work we have the entire range from people with absolutely no damage to people who instantly became owners of 2 houses and then the ones in between. Thank goodness my home only has pile damage and some cracking but after spending 2 days under it early October making it stronger it has held up well.

It is difficult to understand how some houses got away with so little damage considering the ground moved so dam fast, the central city building I was in moved 12 feet (almost 4m) on the floor I was on.

Keep well, and minimum you are a real GC along with all the others that have been working on our city since September.

I hope when this is all over they lay on a post EQ festival and make all you people guest of honour.

Work already put on a huge Feed (and beers) after the initial onslaught was over in sept, and feb. I don't expect that'll happen again. I could be mistaken, but I kinda think people are so over it that the general goodwill and togetherness will be less this time. (I may be wrong, after all the OP did start this thread)

I know from what I've seen myself, Months worth of work all need doing again. I was thinking yesterday, maybe I was killed in the sept quake, and it's my own personal hell to keep repeating the clean up etc over and over for all eternity. But after a good nights sleep I'm feeling better again.

It's amazing what can be acheived with a massive team of men burning diesel driving big machines. The cuntiest bit is the time it's going to take to get there.