Toyota 12R timing?

Vintage Grumble

When I went to do this, I realised the pulley has got four marks on it (was feeling around in the dark and could only feel one notch) I know the first is TDC, but am sort of guessing the next 3 are 10 20 30 deg (seemed like you could fit 9 notches at that spacing on 1/4 / 90 deg of the pulley) so I timed it to the second notch, and it seems to run a bit better. Would be nice to know what each notch is tho, guess I need to buy a degree wheel.

Use maths broseph - use your mums sewing tape (in mm hopefully) wrap it around the pulley and measure the distance between the first and the last marks then measure the diameter of the pulley.

Then get out your calculator..

diameter * pi = the circumference

divide circumference by 360 = "X"

Divide the distance between the first and last marks by "X" = the number of degrees between the first and last marks ("Y")

divide the "Y" by 3 (cos the 4th mark is zero) and that will give you the graduations of the marks..

Next find which mark is TDC by using a screwdriver down the hole of number 1..

If you are not sure how to do that - report back and I'll chuck up a full description.... LOL

Yea was going to say just measure the diameter of the wheel and work that shit out. Then get a white paint pen and mark that shit for good, mark 10-20-30 degrees so you can see how much timing it runs all in

As for running 95, being a 12R it probably has about 8:1 compression, I would only step up a grade if you could get a spring kit and fuck with how early your advance is coming in as I doubt its very aggressive.