missing/backfire out carb, idea?

Beaver

hey all,

have this odd miss thing that happens at cruising speeds and when the car isnt warmed up. it sounds like it is backfiring out the carb (if thats the correct term lol). Just put new leads on today and the plugs are a few months old. Im pretty sure its the carb but unsure on what exactly would be causing it. mixture seems fine.

when driving around town/accelerating etc it drives perfect, no stumbling or anything. but once you have been sitting at 80 odd k for a bit it will randomly miss and then be fine for a bit, then miss again, but at completly random times

any ideas/thoughts?

cheers

I had similar issues only during open road driving at cruising speeds, randomly would have one missfire and then be sweet again.

I always thought it was carb issues with not enough fuel etc but then I noticed it seemed to do it more at night with my lights and stereo on.

Traced it back to a too large gap in the points, once I reset them it has been right ever since. And if you havent replaced the whole ignition system yet, then it is a worthy investment, cause the shit is cheap and worth it for piece of mind/can't be assed individually fault finding components.