Newbie with a new toy

papas34

Hi I'm a newbie to this site...looks like a great place to be.

I have a 1966 Ford Anglia Panel, left hand drive with what I believe to be a crossflow engine.

The truck is in pretty good condition with just a little rust and no dents.....I'm a happy fellow.

I'm guessing this is a very rare truck and have been selling some other cars to gather up the funds to do a full restoration....rotisserie style.

It has low miles and the interior is mostly all there

Any way here are a few photos and I'd love to hear some of your thoughts.

The fellow I got it from told me the X marks on the side were from winning drag races....????

I'm in the U.S.A and have never seen one of these....been a gear head for over 50 years.....so it must be worth doing right?

000_0057.jpg

I placed the gallon jug of washer fluid on the roof so people can see how small this van is....not many small cars like this in the states..

Also we call these Panel trucks over here...really confuses my wife... I call it a panel unless I've been reading this website then I start calling it a van....she thought I bought another car...lol

000_0061.jpg

nice panel van mate..and welcome aboard..

must be a quick little 1600 in it with the webber..

angle boxs(anglias) are pretty sweet rides, dont really see the panel vans done up too much though..

start up a project thread in the "users projects" section,that way we can see your progress when you work on it,and itll keep the spam to a minimum between your updates..

then we can all talk about in this thread..

cheers

Wife says I need to sell the 34 for funds to do the Anglia......summer2004002.jpg

I'm thinking of lowering the panel a bit and getting those funny wheels off it.

I like Green and some old Shelby style stripes.....maybe silver...redo the chrome....disc brakes...power windows and A/C....did I say I'm an old geezer?

I'm not so sure what can be done to this one.....I could just do the old American thing and put MustangII under the front and a 5 speed trans out of a chevy s-10 mated up to the engine.....but if there are good parts then I'd like to leave is more as it is....

I have owned a hand full of MGs and Austin Healys and love the way they drove...so hope the Anglia is similar.

Do you know much about this engine?

Thanks Mate

your going from a 34 pu to a anglia van?????

Haha, i went from batty to lada wagon.

dont regret it. regret seling batty but not getting lada instead.

if you werent in the states id make you an offer haha.

make a project thread in here viewforum.php?f=17

That way we can all see progress and noone else can post in the thread.

this one is for disscussion.

I was hoping you gus over the pond would understand my interest in restoring the van.....

My understanding is that the crossflow engine was very rare in the Angelia's of all types not to mention a left hand drive van.

Here in the states you can buy a 34 truck any day of the week, but the 66 Anglia is something I have never seen, yet alone a crossflow.

I have way too many cars and too little money now that I'm retired so I want to thin the herd and do the van as best as I can...leave it as my legacy.

The wagon is a 1958 Rambler it has less than 55,000 mile, 6 cyl, 3 speed with overdrive...I need to get some photos of the interior, but here are some of the outside.58Rambler62004001.jpg

I now have posted in the introduce yourself thread......I have some of my cars posted there.......felt like I was bragging so I only post some of the funner ones.

OK now I may be getting somewhere......I have been learning how to reorganize my photobucket.....seems when I have guests there they cannot see all the photos......

I think I just may go to the imageshack and see if that is better...Thanks