AUCKLAND MEET - Wednesday 16 March

EURON8

I can/will bring my fancy camera and probably a spare battery, if I get my shit together in time...

This is my last meet for a few years, guys, won't be at the nats this year, will be thinking of you all with love from Spain unless my relationship goes tits up.

Fred.

mmmm tits....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to meet some new faces this time :-)

Sorry for the 3800rpm rev limit and associated lack of burnouts.

Thanks for the burger, Chris! Most appreciated!

Someone said the next one is on the 13th? If that is true, I fly out two days later, so I may be able to attend that one too, I figured I'd miss it, though. Time will tell.

Fred.

Hooj turnout again!!!!

Few CLubK

Few less regular OS posters

Was sweet.

I had to leave a bit earlier this time.

Your welcome fred, 20th SHould be the next one but no reason we cant make it the 13th next month.

For Slow'n'low, Cam, Ned, and any other geeks!

There were a number of issues, some subtle, some obvious, some 3 years old, some 3 hours old.

1) That logic for "self set" was backwards, once reversed it had a nasty miss and then pulled to redline/the sky

2) I found a corner case in the scheduler where if overall advance = 0 (inclusive of engine offset and timing and cylinder offset) then no output event would be scheduled (we weren't hitting this, though)

3) The logic for self sched was wrong due to using a 2 bit mask to *TRY* check two conditions at the same time, I've split that into 4 or maybe in future 5 end points now instead of 2 before.

4) Added a feature to add an extra scheduled event if swapping events out from under the decoder such that one would be missed, BUT, got the var in the setter condition wrong, completely wrong, and didn't notice till just a while ago, when I did fix this, it ran/runs MINT.

5) Swapped order of register fiddling to match other code part (unlikely to have caused any affects, but consistent now)

The above took 48 hours, total, sleep, shower, etc. Now it's rock solid!

Tomorrow I might run a silver top 4age and/or a 1uzfe both on engine stands, if things go well.

If I haven't killed myself, the engine, the car, the circuit board, got arrested, whatever, and if it's on the 13th, I'll be back one last time just before I fly away to a bunch of freeems geeks and my beautiful girl :-)

Fred.

Twas tenting it down in Napier... Range Rover broke down enroute north of taupo, two horses in the trailer, 11hr trip from hell.

Got a 1st place in Clydie Colts under 2yrs though which was mint and a worthy excuse to miss burger boes... April I promise!