Increasing steering lock on an ex lancer

Walker.NZ

My ex has sweet f*ck all steering lock and that just isnt going to cut it for me, im hoping to achieve a steering lock similar to a kp6* starlet possibly a little bit more. so is it possible? and what mods would i have to perform to achieve this?

I would really love to convert it to a rack and pinion steering setup but i have a feeling that is going to be a little bit out of my depth, has anyone done the conversion before? as id be keen to see some pictures and get some advice from them.

Cheers guys

Sam

To be honest im not sure if its fitted with lock stoppers or not, i had thought of that though. will have to have a look next time im at my garage.

Ive also got some adjustable bottom arms and my car has had the castor rods lengthened to suit these. not sure but perhaps if i was to refit the bottom arms and wind them out a bit i might have a bit more room in that department to get a bit more lock out of the setup.

anyone know what it will cost for a rebuild kit for a sigma 4g63?

Sam

Ex's might have the bolt stops on the crossmember? On my La when I swapped to starion lower arms and knuckles the stop on the knuckle hit on the lower arm or somewhere around there and gave shit lock. Might of only been when jacked up though.. I grinded them off and was sweet.

I wouldn't worry about rebuild kit.. It would cost more than motors worth. It ran pretty mint, didn't smoke or anything. And can always do that later if you have to