Kicker's 79 B1600

kicker

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries mate, I'm in the same boat as you.

I think there was a change in '81, along with the addition of discs the control arms are a slightly different shape and there were some interior changes too. I think B2000's had front discs all along.

Have you been to the public library? They usualy have a wide selection of the haynes manuals.

My local had the one for ours which I took to with the photocopier for a dozen or so pages.

Will look at buying one when I have the spare cash.

Yeah I had a look in Wellington library but couldn't find one so I bought a chilton manual, let me know if you need any info from it and I'll scan the pages for you. I've got an owners manual too with some extra info and a wiring diagram in it, just have to find it as it seems to have gone walkabout

Yeah I found an owners manual in the glove box when I bought it. Hopefully I'll buy a haynes of chilton soon though, are a few floating around trademe at the moment.

Saw one not sell with a $10 reserve the other day. Asked for it to be offered but he never did. gutted.

• 3 weeks later...

dear mr kicker,

i have the same steels x 4 widened to 10's would you like to take two off my hands

in exchange for two of yours and some sort of deal,

the tens fit fine on the rear but are a little too wide for the front.

hence me searching for a pair to setup for the front.

rather than taking width out of the inside just get them to change the offset slightly more negative. May work out cheaper

I could probably gain 10mm-ish negative because of where the band that the centre sits on is taking it down to +28mm, you're right it would be easier, I'll space the fronts out 10mm and see how fitment is then.

dear mr kicker,

i have the same steels x 4 widened to 10's would you like to take two off my hands

in exchange for two of yours and some sort of deal,

the tens fit fine on the rear but are a little too wide for the front.

hence me searching for a pair to setup for the front.

Ooooh just felt a tingle in my pants area

I'd be keen to sort something out, how would they fit under the wellside?

I got mine off a '05 Holden Colorado, only 16" six stud steels I have been able to find as most seem to have alloys or some kind of 4x4 style

will get full offset measurements etc tommorow tbh i had know idea what they were off,

should fit with stretch by my measurements unsure of your diff width though,

carlos added 3" to the outside of the centre as they're quite offset towards the guts

I spaced out the front wheels by 10mm to simulate an offset of +28mm, on full lock the rims now clear the upper control arm and sway bar mount by 5mm (at full extension of suspension). Is this enough clearance? Are there any other factors I should consider?

A few extra millimetres could probably be gained on top of the 10 but was just being conservative.

picccc%20059a.jpg

picccc%200551a.jpg

Had a quick measure up at the back.

With +38mm offset (142mm to rear rim edge) and no guard rolling, the outside face of a 9" wheel would stick out about 1/2 an inch from the guard.

I may have to pass up your offer though Jase, even though the wheels are similar I think my OCD side may keep nagging away at me about the slight differences between them, sorry dude.

• 4 months later...