Dawg's Hiace

Dawg

Guess I better get a thread going on my Hiace.

8200.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do with the engine yet. I like what other members have done with their Hiace's to get more power but then again prefer to keep things original. She's pretty grunty already. Maybe find another 18R I can modify, so I can use the van in the mean time. Anyone got a spare one?

i started a thread, prob chilling on page 2 now. Mods can delete it.

with a little adjustment and the right tools u can actually get a few decent motors in there. v8s would be a challenge id say.

We'll need a van meet/roadie in january if they are all goin!

Looking at a few more months work on mine, so prob March for a burn up to Auckland :) I can weld OK so some engine mounts for a different engine isn't out of the question.

Anyone want to help me sand? After a few weeks I haven't got many fingers left. No takers eh... Oh well.

Only ever seen one old school Hiace truck, had a little crane on it for lifting up engines etc onto its deck.

• 4 weeks later...

You don't know any part cars around north island at the moment? 77-82?

My passenger window wiper alloy housing thingy finally self destructed when I drove it out for a surf Saturday :(

Looks like you are doing a mint job on the Hiace, body looks very rust free too!

I have at least one rear light housing somewhere you're welcome to, not the coloured covers though, which is probably what you're after.

Looks like these guys might have the front lenses:

http://becarparts.co.nz/?action=show_pa ... code=CLAMP

You might be interested in this guys Hiace:

http://www.oldjapanesecar.proboards.com ... 114&page=1

Yeah man, no prob.

I bought a set of tail lights to get the 79 model chrome metal surrounds, they all run the same lenses up to 82.

So Have a pair of my old lenses sitting in storage, both mint. Will have a look for ya this weekend.

rot808 has my cell number, give me a txt as I'm useless and may totally forget about it.. haha.

• 4 months later...

I've taken all the front off again so that the doors are a bit easier to install, so will get some shots of the whole thing when the doors are finished. I like what Euron8 has done with his GEU, so might go down the same road. The old donk will do for now, seems to be running pretty good after a basic overhaul.