gto1973 1973 mitsubishi gto

gto1973

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys im thinking about selling some of my spare parts to fund the gto. just thought id let you guys know first so if there's any parts you need, just ask & i'll see if I have it. im to lazy to list what i have, might do a list later and put it in for sale section

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I just picked up a really good 73 GTO similar to the one I had when I was 17, had been sitting in some guys shed for the last 15 years,

got it running really sweet, brakes all sorted and it ready to be resprayed and then hopefully revinned and back on the road I have a lot of spares but I am missing a GS badge off the front guard, is there any one that could sell me one or maybe swap me for something I have that they may need

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I own a 1973 Mitsi Galant Colt GTO, I am wanting to restore her as much as I can possible to original, I am wondering if anyone knows of where I can find photos of an original interior, and did it come out factory with rear seatbelts and also where abouts were the front seatbelts mounted? My ones are mounted on the roof quite far behind the front seat and it damn near chokes you when you are driving, like they are def in the wrong place. They are retractable modern seatbelts but in the back I have really cool old big chrome buckles that are non retractable, I would just like to know if they are factory or not. I really want to change the front seatbelts cause they are horrible when you wear them. She has quite a bit of rust in the regular places but I am slowly saving up to get that done. Also it has a 4G63 in it, that was not a standard engine in them was it?

Cheers

Jayne

if you stick it in my discussion or something like that ull get heaps of answers. there are people on here that know a bit about these cars. an 4g63 isnt the standard engine. i can have a look at my stuff later maybe post some pics for u

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Quick question: Were all of the GTO slat grills painted black inside the slats? I have a silver car and the grill is all silver but I want to know if it should have the black painted inside or not. Car is about to go off for paint soon.

Cheers,

Damo.