id my turbo

shizzl

dont think this pic will work, ill try it anyway..

the turbo has "nissan motor" on the comp housing.

has the standard nissan 4 bolt manifold flange

the dump pipe is a square 4 bolt pattern...

is oil cooled only...

need to know what its off so i can find another one before i end up blowing money on another motor

if its the turbo thats gone...

had a good look at it today and theres signs of oil seeping out of the wastegate pivot pin thing, and i can see a little bit of oil in the exh housing behind the turbine...

so its now got me thinking the turbo seals could be gone??? no shaft play in it at all..

sound likely?

I meant the other flange that bolts to the exhaust manifold sorry - but anyway, pretty certain thats a nissan T3. probably with a .48 exhaust housing but cant be sure. may have some markings on the exhaust housing somewhere. the larger .6 housings are pretty rare only on early FJ20ET's and VG30ET's I think.

as far as what it's off - FJ20ET, VG20ET, VG30ET, L20ET, i.e. pretty much all Pre RB20DET two litre and larger nissan turbo engines and probably most 80's turbo diesel nissans.

definitly a t3. i'd say it would have a .30 or .36 exhaust housing and a small 45 trim compressor wheel judging by the looks of it. look just under the flange where it bolts to manifold. it will have the ar number .30 or .36 most likely . we used to use these on our starlets with a big compressor side.

yeh needs to be pre rb20 stuff as testament said.

you could use any t3 that uses the standard size exhaust wheel, and swap your exhaust housing onto it. but this rules out the rb turbos, as pretty sure they run a different sized exhaust wheel..