Dynatron Alarm Problem

fuel

Hey guys, having a problem with the Dynatron alarm in the VR-4 - took it for a drive to Taupo and back today and found once I got back home I couldn't arm and lock the car with the remote, the light in the remote flashes and I'm able to start the car (has transponder key auto immobiliser disarm) with both remotes (the batteries in both being replaced about three months ago) yet I just can't arm the system. The indicators don't flash nor does the central locking activate. If I turn the car off and take the keys out of the ignition the alarm light will come on after about 30 seconds and then start flashing which is I gather the immobiliser being activated, and as soon as I put the key in the ignition and put it on the immobiliser relay clicks on and I'm able to start the car as per usual.

I don't know what model alarm it is exactly, but it's the older style with the key fobs which always fall apart, but it must be at least a 4 star model as it has the transponder key immobiliser with bonnet and boot protection and courtesy light control etc. The siren unit is not a battery backup one and doesn't have a key barrell on it, so I'm guessing it's not the top of the range model.

Thanks!

can you reboot it ? ie drop all power and start again,

thinking somethings haywire in your box whether it be a little condensation has

formed inside the case and made your circuitry moist or whether somethings gone

pop on your board also would a spike in current on your drive back have possible popped something

ie is the alarms power supply fused to protect the board?

hah didn't think of rebooting it, good idea Jase.

I was going to take the volvo to work this morning cause I didn't want to leave the VR-4 in town un-alarmed, but went to try it this morning and hey presto the damn alarm is working sweet again so took it to work this morning.

but knowing my luck I'll go to disarm it once I go home and find it wont work again.

I think the alarm is fused and one would be for the central locking output however the indicator lights would still flash and the siren would still chirp if it was just the central locking fuse blown, and if the main fuse was blown the immobiliser wouldn't disarm either.

i had the same issue with a alarm i had in one of my cars, on my one you change settings in the alarm menu by turning the key on and off and i forgot this by pure luck i turned the key on and off the right number of times to get it in menu mode then a couple more to go in new remote learning mode once in there your ment to use the old remotes and the new one to save them all but because i didn't know i was in it i didn't and left which cleared all remotes so all of them did nothing took me ages to work that out can't remember what brand it was tho it could be a issue along that line.