tomypg's 1973 Hillman Hunter

tomypg

I went round to Tom's today to help shift his Hillman Munter for transport ot the auto sparkey tomorrow.

here are some pics. Included in them is a poor quality photo of the fur seat headrests which I sewed up whilst watching Coronation St and drinking tea...

060910160911.jpg

By kiwi35 at 2010-09-05

060910161045.jpg

060910160856.jpg

By kiwi35 at 2010-09-05

060910160939.jpg

By kiwi35 at 2010-09-05

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey are you tom? I think i went to ANI with you.

this wall looked fairly familiar

060910160856.jpg

Hey man, Yes I am Tom from ANI. Haha, back in the old days lol. TIIIMMM!! YOu just added me on facebook. SUp holmes. Hows your project going? Just had a flick through the build log. Keen to check it out haha!

So, new fuel pump(pumps) and coil pack.

Does anyone have a working fuel pump for cheap they want to sell me? Just an average one to full up the surge tank. And if anyone has a decent one to run from the surge tank to the rails tell me aswell... Got about 150 for good one and 20-30 buks for average one.

how about cutting up the old bumper and making it split bumpers like on MK1 eskies.

like...this...

well after lookin around for some front bumpersand to tight to pay what some people are askin for them, i got board and decided to make my own :shock:

had a spare rear bumper lyin around so out with the angle grinder

lucy006.jpg

By qcadta

then after some more cuttin, odd bash with the hammer, and a bit of welding, i came up with a couple of these :lol:

lucy007.jpg

By qcadta

then a trial fit,

lucy008.jpg

By qcadta

then gave them a bit of a smooth out and close enough to finished. call me tight :lol:

lucy009.jpg

By qcadta

now have the task of makin them shinyer, and makin some bracketsto hold them on. all good. :wink:

would/could solve both issues. Bumpers bent up AND making it look less...funny looking.

So, new fuel pump(pumps) and coil pack.

Does anyone have a working fuel pump for cheap they want to sell me? Just an average one to full up the surge tank. And if anyone has a decent one to run from the surge tank to the rails tell me aswell... Got about 150 for good one and 20-30 buks for average one.

a cater pump or a holley blue are ideal as they flow gazillions at low pressure for modded up carby v8's. you can probably get either for around $150-$200 (may be cheaper to get from ebay/summitracing/jegs depending on shipping)

one of the facet ones may work and possibly be cheaper or more readily available (I think repco has them) but they don't flow as much so you would have to work our yours required fuel flow (i.e. injectors size in cc/min times number of injectors) and check it against pump specs.

Other option would be to get a pump at pick a part from a car with a largish engine e.g. over 3L and then check the fuel flow with a bucket and stopwatch and then compare to yours fuel requirement.