Help me put c35 lights and grill onto my c33

crooked

I have some c35 laurel front guards, 30mm wide dmax ones, was wondering if anyone here would know how to put them onto a c33 laurel... mounting headlights, what would i do for the bonnet... front bumper etc...

anyone able to shed some light on this, im unsure of where to start.... maybe photoshop haha..

any help would be mint, also someone in hamilton able to help? can pay in beer/cone/cash

Dmax will be glass.

I'd start by removing the C33 fender (and front bumper + lights, etc) and laying the C35 one in place so the arch is centered over the wheel. This will let you see how much (if any) you need to cut from the front to get the head lights in place, as well as giving an idea how far from matching up the guards and doors are.

The biggest issue I can see from looking at the two pics below is the shape of the guards and the crease in them is completely different, it might be that the easiest thing to do is to mount the headlights then get a pair of C33 fibreglass guards and modify them to fit around the headlights, then do the same with a C33 fibreglass bonnet (which will be much trickier to get right).

01032009160.jpg

c35club_top.jpg

c33-b.jpg

these are c33 items

c35-b.jpg

those are c35 items

Those fenders ky

they would be glass items

tip i would re-enforce the shit out of the arches too fyi they tend to crack and break

good starting point would be to make sure they the rear of teh fenders line up with the door and A pillar then roll from there

Hmmm, much to think about, will pull everything off the c33 tonight, just gotta get hold of headlights... then ill think about the guards from there... hmmm, i think bonnet will be my main key, i dont mind filling and making new lines for the guards to match c33 doors.

why the fuck would you bother with this at all?? what a freakin mission.

The whole lines of both cars are totally differnt, so your gonna have a fucked up body line down the top of the guards..

Change the lights? you'll also need to change grill and all mounts...

By this time you should have also noticed the c35 bonnet has a curve in it while the 33 is flatter.. got a bonnet? oh shit no wait it wont fit the 33 cowel panel

What about the different bumper?

Short answer, either sell/swap the 35 guards for 33 ones, or keep the guards and get a 35 laurel

where there is a will there is a way, keeping the c33 guards, cutting to suit lights, stitching the front of the c35 bonnet onto the c33 bonnet to suit lights and grill... surely, if they can make fibreglass ones, then why cant i make a mould, the old mans a engineers patten maker by trade so...

Im just tryin 2 get ideas from you guys what would be the easiest way to go about it...

alex, stop popping the bubble !!! :D

What is it that you want from these guards, just the width and the gills or what ever they are called? Did you pick the C35 guards up for cheap?

I think rather than trying to make the whole guard fit it would be far easier to take one of the many options suggested above and just use the parts you want, ie the guard lip itself, cut this down and attach it to your guards then mould it to suit. Thing about it as I type, its a lot of work for minimal gain, then you need to hack out all of the original guard from underneath to actually achieve anything - be able to get a wheel sitting in there at all.

Theres a few good fibre glass places around Hamilton, might pay to take the parts around to some of them and see what they suggest. They might be able to grab the lot and throw it together for minimal cost, if things like up ok.

haha cos the bubble was so big I could see it from my house :lol:

I dont really see what your trying to achieve, it seems like the thread should be help me put a 35 front on my 33, cos realisitcly your going to need to use 33 guards and mod them to fit the 35 front otherwise its gonna look like a mess

Moderate, don't opinionate phil.

I was under the impression that you wanted fancy looking guards instead of trying to change the front.

Changing the front may not be as big a deal, people do it on older cars alot with nose cone swaps etc. Cutting the front of the guard off and welding the C35 front section of guard on is all thats required, as far as the guards go. So you'll still retain the C33 guards, which makes things way easier because no swage lines etc have to be changed/remade.

Mounting the headlights will be the biggest hurdle I would imagine, but if you have both you may find its quite straight forward just by changing the casings, if they run that style.