Levi's Cresta

Guest Zeb

Also i vote for a 2jzge over the 1jzgte

Could be a go. very cheap to pick up, mountains of torque and a little bit easier to setup/less to go wrong. I'd be seriously considering an NA 2jz-ge as a repower candidate into a car like this, especially if easier passing is all thats required.

A previous owner had a guy doing a runner from the cops come flying out of an onramp and collect the front......I dont think they could find an original front when the panel beater fixed it.

I would prefer the original front but can live with this one......

My only fear of a 2jz NA is that I will want more more once I finally drive it with some power......still got time to think about this one before I decide

I havent really thought painting the bumpers..........I have a couple of litres left over for future touch ups etc so definately could

A previous owner had a guy doing a runner from the cops come flying out of an onramp and collect the front......I dont think they could find an original front when the panel beater fixed it.

I would prefer the original front but can live with this one......

My only fear of a 2jz NA is that I will want more more once I finally drive it with some power......still got time to think about this one before I decide

I havent really thought painting the bumpers..........I have a couple of litres left over for future touch ups etc so definately could

I think you will be surprised with what the 2jzge can do. And if you do decide turbo later, it will be fairly easy as you already have the box and mounts

oh yes I see that does look mint!

Once the wheels arrive I'll see if I have to do anything to the rear guards.....someone wrecked the locks trying to break in so I have to straighten them out and get new locks.....obviously werent that smart considering they could have got in through the plastic rear screen...lol

But the bumpers have just been added to the list....shot

Does anyone know much about polycarbonate windows?

Thinking about getting polycarbonate as a rear screen until I can find glass

I'm pricing up some options at the moment. Theres a guy on here who can get it at a good price (as good as lexan can be priced at least). Just waiting to hear back from him. I'll let you know as soon as I do, otherwise PM me.

I'm using it for a race car though, to save heaps of weight. As a cheap interim solution I really don't think its a good option. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find glass for your car either, have you tried Horopito Motors? They used to have a couple of these down there.

I would definately prefer glass..........but I've had no luck sourcing one which probably indicates I've been looking in all wrong places.

The chassis number is SX60 and it has recessed wipers( not sure if thats relevant).......any good leads to track one down would be much appreciated

I've tried a couple commercial glass places......rang around auckland wreckers(awhile ago now though) and of course search trademe often. I'll try horopito motors and see if they can help but any other suggestions would be sweet

If any leads end in a window I will hook the person up with some Dickies clothes.........anyone else wanting gears at wholesale let me know

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...