85_Z31's 1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo Discussion

85_z31

My god that is some interesting headlight wiring.

I'm guessing it has semi sealed h4 fittings?

I would roll hid's, at 35w peak they are perfect for the factory wiring, much brighter, and longer lasting.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 337402.htm

However, you won't be able to get a wof with them unless you have projector lenses.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91-TO ... ccessories

So much love for hid.

• 10 months later...
I think its around one of 10 NZ new models sold by Cockram Nissan.

42k back in 85 which was more than a house, so right now that makes a brand new GTR look cheap.

My workmate owns one of the others... Interesting comparison with the GTR too, as that's what he was looking to upgrade to when he moves it out of the garage/ he won't.... lol!

• 3 months later...

Discussion On Drive shaft Hoops

As best as I can recall from reading previous LVVTA documents , I won't need a drive shaft hoop unless i do an engine conversion OR i make more than 20% power over OEM

the drive shaft is a single piece OEM unmodified item.

Do you guys think i should just send it to Cert or should I just go through the effort of fabricating the hoop right away ? I'm not real keen to be drilling holes in the floor if I don't have too.

As far as I can tell the car is right on about 20% more powerful than OEM so that would put me in a borderline position whether I need one or not ? but then who can actually prove my car is more powerfull unless they dyno it ?

Link to build is a couple of posts UP - discuss....

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...