will this adaptor handle the jandal?

shizzl

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, the 3.8 manual motors is available in both 6 and 8 bolt crank (have both in my shed)

the 3.8 motor has no issues getting the std flywheel up to a sadistic speed suitable for speedway use.

i would definately go down the 3.8 route over the 245 hemi. even though the hemi is a better engine, parts are getting scarce for them, and command top dollar.

my $0.02 8)

Paul, the 3.8 manual motors is available in both 6 and 8 bolt crank (have both in my shed)

the 3.8 motor has no issues getting the std flywheel up to a sadistic speed suitable for speedway use.

i would definately go down the 3.8 route over the 245 hemi. even though the hemi is a better engine, parts are getting scarce for them, and command top dollar.

my $0.02 8)

totally agree man..

but even if i could find a 6 bolt engine, the likelihood of it having a flywheel is slim, and even slimmer trying to find one..

i know alot of guys buy a complete running manual commy just so they get all the right bits, then flick the rest including the box...

only need engine, flywheel, clutch, engine loom, ex manifolds, coil pack, alt, p/s pump

intake manifold gets a top chop for a carb adaptor.

loom/ecu needs to be modded for ignition only use

and i think most guys swap exhaust manifolds left to right..

however i must say the HEMI sounds 100% manlier than a 3.8 v6.. :badgrin:

Paul, just braved the frost to go to my man cave (not just for you though).

the spare motor i have is (i was led to believe), a VN series 1 with a sixbolt flywheed.

the motor that is a complete runner from my old VN (i am led to believe) a series 2 VP/R with 8 bolt flywheel.

if you ever decide to sell the whole engine let me know..

ill look after it

even though i bought the 6 bolt engine seized, i would only sell it complete, as selling just the flywheel dosn't clear enough room in the hoard stack.

can supply T5 bellhousing with it so you can adapt to suit what ever box you will run behind it.

don't want moonbeams for it, as it's only worthy of crank/fly/ bell and electrics, but could be a cheaper option to get some of the parts you need?

found the rough running issue on the hemi too, had a dodgey plug lead, and the smoke was actually brake fluid or oil spilled on the manifold... :lol:

still, i will be looking for a 3.8 for when i build my new car.....

have even thought of a explorer 4l v6, but i dont know what flywheel will bolt to them seeing as theyr mainly autos...

i know of a nissan 3500 v6 in a stocky too, think it used a maxima v6 manifold and carby on terrano motor....

does anyone know the cubic capacity of a 20b?

seeing as stockys are allowed porting and polishing...porting as in PP :twisted: ???

the first photo looks dodgy as, but the second photo explains it. They flex plate is there only for the ring gear. The bolts that you seen in the first photo are only locating it during start up, the rest of the time they have no force on them.

Its actually a really nice flywheel, it's expensive because of the 'dish' looks like its milled out of a 80mm thick plate. Thats easy $250 in steel.

I'd say the only issue will be clearance with the bellhousing, between the pressure plate, and the bellhousing, what with the whole arrangement being so forward.

• 2 weeks later...

gizzy speedway had an auction last night and it seems i won a 8 bolt flywheel :badgrin:

so now i can run anything half decent that holden made...

the ecotechs seem to be the way to go in the stockys..

all 3.8s need the mains bearings replaced cos theyr shit in stock form, last about 2 races then knockety knock knock...

may start building a brand spanker car for next season in my spare time( spare time? yeah right)

good stuff dude probably got it cheap as too,

steel surgeon makes a mean looking bell housing

to suit any box you like,

he's r100's mate/boss/employee? either way good dude

i'd stick to a s2 buick or s1 ecotec, s2 ecotec are crackheads