Mjrstar's garage lurk Mini

mjrstar

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well the electrical side of things seem OK.. but the the engine seems to be after a bit more fuel in the top end so I'd say some re-profiling of the needle is in order..

Any suggestions on where to find some decent measurements / starting point on how much meat to take off the needle??

Currently running a BBC needle on the HIF44.

I will probably rob a few ideas of this chap.

http://www.terryhunt.co.uk/mini/pics/te ... b/pics.htm

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest mjrstar

Its up and running but is bogging if you snap the throttle open. It was pretty lean so have drilled the jets out a little but not sure if i need to go bigger. Went from 1.3 to 1.5 mm

I can space the needles up but not sure thats the way to go about it..

Guest shaneo

They are a lot of mucking around. I'm at 1.65mm at the moment with the needle jets set in the middle but it will need to be changed once the big head goes back on.

Guest mjrstar

i'm thinking that not running filters may be hurting ther mixture / amount of vacuum so may not do too much more tweaking until i have some filtration going on..

Guest shaneo

Yeah mine changed quite a bit once I put filters on them. A lot of people sugested that I run a air box like a bike as they where better. But a 1.6 Xflow is has a bit more air flow than a bike so it seems to run well with out a air box.

Guest mjrstar

i found some ear plugs and blocked off what i believe is the air correction jet /port and its running like a gem. Wont do too much more fiddling until i plug in the wideband and have the filters on..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shaneo

Yeah Im a big bike carb fan makes a big cam eaiser to drive. We are making new intake mainfold's at the moment and it's slightly longer than the current one so I'm keen to see if there is any difference.

Guest mjrstar

Honestly i did not do any real quantitive back to back testing.. plus I would be testing filters vs no filters anyway..

Re: garage size.. nah not really I'm just good at tetris..

• 1 year later...