Alpine scooter safari

RUNAMUCK

I just learned about this http://www.scootersafari.co.nz/ It's for a good cause, but still sounds kinda fun. So far they have 87 people registered. I reckon it'd be sweet to ride in a huge pack of scooters. it's not meant to be a race, but I reckoin with a few small mods, mine could get along at a decent pace. (It certinly does good skids)

Only gay part might be the ride home.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
thanks Bart! Get your scooter organised mate its a great day! (apart from having to use a shoehorn to remove the scooter seat from ones anus after 9 hours sitting on it)

dont act like its the biggest thing youve had up there darcy

HAHAHAHAHA i know what ya mean, but nah we have a support vehicle with spare long blocks, barrels, pistons etc that takes us home because to be honest the guys that organise the event are douchebags that called us the rascals last year because we had busted ass old scooters that we were constantly fixing at every stop whereas they had brand new 200cc triumph ones that do 100k etc. and we are mere tradesmen whereas they are THE air new zealand employees (said with plumb in mouth). so after one day youve kinda had a guts full of them, but as darryl from the castle says, theres nothing better than the sound of a 2 stroke at full noise so that kinda makes up for it haha

exactly! we were on struggle street hung over after too many jugs of old dark at a 21st the night before, and pissing round trying to make C50s run on methanol etc, cleaning carbs out at arthurs pass, and the others were getting free/discounted food and eating it in front of us

gud to no there will b more old scoters goin wot the point in doin it on a new 1 is not realy a chalenge im goin on a c50 and the old man on a 1950s puch no suport vechiel and gona do home over the lewis pass prob stob in reefton sun nite cos will b to hung over 2 go all the way then home mon will b interesting not sue if well make it

that is awesome!!! will be a great story once youve done it! ive got a pretty highly strung suzuki TR50 this time, i put a set of rings in it so im hoping for the best but expecting the worst. at least it only costs about 20bucks worth of petrol to get to hokitika on a scooter haha